Lowering the nic %

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapalicious1100

Apr 3, 2013
France
Today I finally decided to lower the nic % of my juices. I have been vaping for over 5 months now, I started at 18mg/ml, now I'm at 12mg/ml, and I'm going down to 6mg/ml. I have 200ml of unflavoured juice at 12mg/ml, so I took a trip to the pharmacy today to buy some VG to cut them down. They asked me what it was for, and I got some funny looks when I told them but sure enough they had it. So I tried it, and it gives great vapor, and adds a nice sweet overtone. The thing I think I will miss the most is the TH, but I'm sure I will get used to it. My plan is to go down to 0mg/ml in a few months, and only use nic juices every once in a while. That way I don't have to deal with the cravings when I can't use my PV, the fear that I might smoke an analog if I leave my PV at home, and just the general inconvenience of a dependence. Plus mixing juices at 0 nic is cheaper. But nicotine is just a mild stimulant with very few negative health effects, and I enjoy it a lot, so I don't want to quit nicotine completely.

So my question is, does anyone here plan to ever go down to 0mg/ml? Does anyone already vape 0 nic?
Also, tips and suggestions to avoid chain vaping or going back to 12mg/ml would be appreciated :)

Vape on everyone :vapor:

INSULATION TIM

May 15, 2012
SW OHIO
When I first started I was using the throw=aways and would buy either the 24mg or 36 mg even though I hadn't smoked analogs for 25 years or more.

As I bought better equipment and bottles and bottles of juices I started to ratchet down to 12 mg. I feel better and haven't noticed a big difference in taste in the vapors.

I have a large bottle of PG and VG and may start to dilute all of the existing stock to 6mg.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
The first couple weeks I started with 18mg with a dash of some 9mg for flavoring(I add to my adv). Then I started using 9mg with a dash of 18mg for flavoring. 2 months later and my next order will be all 9mg. That's probably where I should be at anyways. I only smoked 6-10 cigs/day for the last 2 years, before that it was closer to 10-15, though that's irrelevant.

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Started out at 18mg in July of last year and quickly reduced to 12mg now I am at 6 and find that I vape no more juice at 6 than I did at
12. I chain vape at home which I have always done. I am planning on being at 0 nicotine by Christmas - but I guarantee you I will still vape - it is my relaxation technique for sure.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
For about seven months I stayed in the 24-18 mg range. Went to 11 and 12 mgs in April. In June I tried 6 mgs and 0. That didn't really go over so hot. Keeping a tank of 12 mgs and another of 0 worked pretty good. Switching back and forth throughout the day. I love the fact vaping can be tailored to fit individual needs. Hopefully it stays that way. It is very reassuring to my neurotic self to know there are options ;)

notdanielbutdaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
After reading this post last night I decided to mix myself a 6 mg Banana Vanilla and a drop of mint mix. I've been vaping that since last night .. just had lunch and decided to switch back to the 18 mg, almost fell over :D . I think I'll stick to the 6 for the rest of the day and then have a few higher strength hits this eve.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started vaping 36mg juice because of a recommendation by the girl at the B & M that sold me the starter kit. She based it on a simple formula of how many and what kind of cigs I smoked daily. The plan from the beginning was to cut the nic level on a regular basis. The 36mg only lasted for the first two 10ml bottles which was around 3 weeks. Stayed on the same timetable, stepping it down to 24, 18, 12, 8 or 6 (depending on vendors) then zero. It was easy for me and I never noticed any difference except the TH which isn't my thing anyway.

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
I switched to e-cigs for an alternative source of nicotine. The loophole in the anti-smoking campaign, if you will. I didn't feel like I gave up anything. Maybe this is why the "Antis" are so unhappy with us.

I'd been getting 10ml bottles from a B+M, so I simply bought the same thing with less nic. I don't know what I expected to happen, but I feared the worst. As if I were about to have a drug induced "episode" Hey, it could happen.

I noticed it was easier on my throat, even if I vaped more, and there were times when I did. Sometimes I mixed it with the higher strength. Remember, you're weaning yourself off an addictive drug, so go at your own pace.

I go back and forth between 0 and 6mg or something like that, I can't really tell the difference.

Now, I can see it is the physical act, the oral fixation, that has such a powerful attraction for many of us (is it getting hot in here? or is it just me?) ... awkward silence...oooh, that's better. Ok. where was I.

Why do you think it's so freakin hard to stop, when you're sure why you started. It's a personal decision should you decide to go down that path. Big tobacco didn't care, they stuck a cigarette in your mouth and told you everything's gonna be Ok.

Anyway, I got rid of those nasty old smokes and replaced them with these cool mods. Ah, finally the freedom to express myself. Oddly enough, I've been reflecting on the social and political implications of the very act of smoking... more awkward silence and clouds of vapor.

Sorry, I see that I've wandered away from the topic... again. I was just thinking out-loud.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I've been vaping mostly 18mg since I started 3 months ago. I got into DIY a little, and to save my nicotine I mixed several batches at 12 mg. I don't notice a difference so from here on out I'll probably mix them all at 12mg for a while before dropping the nic level again.

Yesterday I got some Hangsen 555 18mg in my vapemail and dove into it. I love it's dry nutty harshness. I definitely felt the effects of too much nicotine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread