LP RM2 quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
SoCal
If you get a few RM2s, then be warned that they are paired as well - so top caps match bases in rough hole alignment. I mention this since i have loads of them and i cannot just throw them all in together for cleaning and recoiling. One at a time...

T

Thanks, although the idea of cleaning them at the same time has not come to mind yet, I will heed your advice. I have a couple and they match good to each other. It's just this one that's off. Thank you supertrunker!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If the hole is 'forward' - or advanced, clockwise when you screw the cap on, then you can also take the cap off and rub it on a bit of sandpaper.

Then refit it and repeat. Until the hole "moves" as it were, since it will shorten the cap a little and the hole will seem to move nearer to where you want it! anti-clockwise.

Potentially destructive, but spooky all the same!

T

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
If you get a few RM2s, then be warned that they are paired as well - so top caps match bases in rough hole alignment. I mention this since i have loads of them and i cannot just throw them all in together for cleaning and recoiling. One at a time...

T

many of us learned this the hard way...

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
If the hole is 'forward' - or advanced, clockwise when you screw the cap on, then you can also take the cap off and rub it on a bit of sandpaper.

Then refit it and repeat. Until the hole "moves" as it were, since it will shorten the cap a little and the hole will seem to move nearer to where you want it! anti-clockwise.

Potentially destructive, but spooky all the same!

T

I did this, mine went clock wise around. So I did it until it turned about 340 degrees. Allowed me to get it right where I wanted it. I used a metal file for mine. Just make sure you do it on flat surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread