The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LP RM2 quick question

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by ric23, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ric23

ric23 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    SoCal
    I just noticed that the hole on my LP RM2 does not line up with the center of the coil after a build. Looks like it's off a quarter turn. Any quick fix? Thanks gang.

2. Hypatia

Hypatia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2013
    Titletown, USA
    Mine doesn't, either. Use the skinny, 10mm diameter O-ring that (should have?) come with the RM2. That should snug it up enough to make up that 1/4-1/2 difference.

3. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    If you get a few RM2s, then be warned that they are paired as well - so top caps match bases in rough hole alignment. I mention this since i have loads of them and i cannot just throw them all in together for cleaning and recoiling. One at a time...

T

4. ric23

Nov 18, 2013
    SoCal
    Thanks! Will give this a shot!

5. ric23

Nov 18, 2013
    SoCal
    Thanks, although the idea of cleaning them at the same time has not come to mind yet, I will heed your advice. I have a couple and they match good to each other. It's just this one that's off. Thank you supertrunker!

6. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    If the hole is 'forward' - or advanced, clockwise when you screw the cap on, then you can also take the cap off and rub it on a bit of sandpaper.

Then refit it and repeat. Until the hole "moves" as it were, since it will shorten the cap a little and the hole will seem to move nearer to where you want it! anti-clockwise.

Potentially destructive, but spooky all the same!

T

7. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
    many of us learned this the hard way...

8. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    I did this, mine went clock wise around. So I did it until it turned about 340 degrees. Allowed me to get it right where I wanted it. I used a metal file for mine. Just make sure you do it on flat surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.