LR Atomizer tastes burnt unless it's flooded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Information: I'm using a true 3.7v device (Little Chuck) and most of the time, a 90/10 blend of PG/VG. 100% VG AND PG for diagnostic tests as well.

I have a certain "off brand" LR atomizer that, unless it's literally drowning in juice (up to the top of the bridge) it tastes awful and burnt. It's really sucking down my juice too, I'm running out quick with using this one. What's the deal? None of my NON "off brand" LR attys have ever done this. I have tried many different juices with it, assuming that it might have been a certain juice's fault, I've tried different batteries... It's really bugging me.

Twist

Sep 14, 2010
Idaho
I had some off brand cartos that did the same thing, switched to Boge and the problem was gone.

I bought a 2.5 ohm atty made by the same company because of the great reviews I read on it, but it's doing it to :/ I don't have to flood it as much as you do, but I'll drip 2 drops and get a weak flooded puff or two, then 2-4 good puffs, then ICK! The next hit is burnt buffaloes bunghole.

I'm done with off brand stuff for now, wouldn't even give this crap away. I think this manufacturer (Bauway) is using material that burns to easy for the wicks.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I am using an atomizer righ now that had a burned taste. I put in in alcohol in a 5 mL vial I use for soaking and left it for an hour, shaking occasionally. When I removed it there was a black chunk of something, the consistency of soft rubber, that came out of the atomizer and the fiber wick thing was loose. I pulled it out and it has been working great ever since.

I wouldn't go yanking stuff out of atomizers routinely, but it worked with this one.

dunzo

Sep 24, 2010
New Jersey
The LR atomizers run very hot. You may have accidentally burned the fibers/wick under the bridge in the atomizer. Take off the bridge, wool, and the wick so that you just have the ceramic and coil...drip directly on the coil when you use this atomizer...just my suggestion

looks like geeker got there first. but yes, i think that the burned taste in an atomizer must come from some burnt material..obviously...so take it apart and take out the burned stuff! my lr306 works fantastic w/o a bridge or any of the wick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread