LR Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshipman

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
South Carolina
I ordered a Joye LR Atty and it will get to the house today. I have a few concerns after reading in the forums about my Batt. I'm not so concerned with it draining the batt really fast (I keep 1 - 2 batts always charging) but with the LR actually killing the 510 switch in the batt.

How large of a issue is this? Is their a "time frame" that this happens in?

Chris323

Aug 9, 2010
North Carolina
I was timid about ordering my first LR atty as you were with the same concerns. Despite the warnings, I still used them on my 510's both standard and mega batteries. At first, all I noticed is deceased battery life especially with the standard 510 batt's. Then I tried the mega 510 batt's and would be able to vape about 30-60mins with it. Finally, I moved towards a mega tornado (1000)with a drip tip and LR atty. I can vape on that all day with one charge. My old 510 batt's don't charge the same after all that use with LR atty's either. They only charge for about 20 or 30mins and say they are charged but only last a few puffs.

Barley

Dec 6, 2010
Tulsa, OK
While I am quite new to this whole thing I can say I share your concerns. My expierence has been w/ ego 650 and 900 mAh batts. So far, five weeks in come tomorrow, I have not had any issues using LR attys. Do note that I have several batts that I rotate through so it could all be waiting to hit w/ rapid fire failures. Time will tell. I do plan on getting some new batts to keep on hand unused just in case.

cosmic charlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Boise ID
Rechargeable batteries only take so many charges and using lr attys can drain a charge quicker so you end up charging more often. Attys also can change their ohms with use once the ohms drop below a certain resistance they draw more than the circuitry can handle and will fry your switch doesn't matter if your using a standard 510 or a 1100 mAh ego.

cosmic charlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Boise ID
For some reason I think I get better performance on the ego with a lr atty than I do with my indulgence and a 3.7v 18650 battery. My preferance is a sr atty with 2 3.2v 16340 batteries i've only used 306 lr's 510 lr's and 510 sr's it really shouldn't be a problem using lr attys just check their resistance often and don't use them if they drop below 1.0 ohms

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I ordered a Joye LR Atty and it will get to the house today. I have a few concerns after reading in the forums about my Batt. I'm not so concerned with it draining the batt really fast (I keep 1 - 2 batts always charging) but with the LR actually killing the 510 switch in the batt.

How large of a issue is this? Is their a "time frame" that this happens in?

You didn't mention what battery you plan on using the LR atty with......

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Crap :(

The only other battery's that I have are the standard 510 Batt's. So the tech itch is going to drive me nuts till I get to try this thing out, so I might have to give it a go with one of the standard batt's but just expect that batt to have a very very short life I take it?

No, you shouldn't use the LR with a 510 standard battery either.

Using the LR atty with a small battery (standard, Mega) can ruin the battery.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
What about using a pass-thru with the LR? I have seen that the pass-thru's usually push alitle more than 3.7v. (And i'm talking about a direct pass-thru (no batt) plugged into a usb wall wart. Would that work ok?

Probably not. A direct pass-thru without a battery often/usually puts out a straight 5V (not 3.7)... with an LR atty on it, you'd need a bit over 3 Amps (3000mA). Not many wall-warts put out that much current, and a LR atty at 5V is usually just too damned much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread