Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Anybody else try this atty yet?

I hadn't tried a 306 yet and the combo driptip + atty deal was staring me in the face on my last BWB liquid order so I picked one up. Geez... the tiniest little thing compared to my usual 801s... but its cranking out flavorful vapor like a champ. Liking it so far after having started it up yesterday evening.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I wouldnt take the wicking out until it gets that nasty wet dog taste from being used to much as it does hold liquid. When its out you cant put much in them without leaking and I really dont see a difference in the way it performs. ive been using the 306 exclusively now for about 4 or 5 months and dont see where any other one matches up and as a dripper for over a year its perfect and smaller.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I absolutely positively strongly strongly strongly encourage de-wicking any 306!!! I vape 306s only... so this opinion is based on quite a bit of experience. There are 2 wicks... the first wick resides inside the coils... DONT TOUCH THIS ONE! Dont worry, it's extremely difficult to remove this wick... you cant do it by accident. The second wick, the one to be removed, lives just underneath the bridge... this wick is designed to help juice flow from a cart into the coils... if you're dripping, you dont need it... The atty will work fine for a while with the wick, but eventually is gets gummed up and really hurts performance. I de-wick as soon as I get them and it keeps them going and going...

Don actually turned me on to LR 306 attys... They're amazing with both a true 3.7 and a "fat battery" 510 like the ego/riva/inferono/tornado/etc... With a true 3.7, they deliver ~9 watts which is perfect... I cant speak for Bauway's LR 306, but I can say that their LR 510 is a definite winner... so I'd assume the 306 is good too!

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Since switching to IKV cartomizers, I rarely use attys any more. I can load a IKV 801 Fusion and can vape for quite a long while before I need to load it up again. It's kinda nice to not have to carry my juice bottle around. If I have another carto filled up as a spare if I'm leaving the house, I may not touch a juice bottle for some time.

The bottom line for me is....whatever works...run with it. Heck next week I may be doing something different. Love the options. Sure as hell beats smoking cigarettes. I feel like a Pro at vaping now. I smoked for a solid 40 years and not once did I ever feel like a pro smoking. Weird, but true for me.

My Buzz and BwB juice confirm for me that I will -can - have stopped smoking....for GOOD. Which is how I feel now after not smoking for a little over 5 months. What a great feeling. :thumb:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I absolutely positively strongly strongly strongly encourage de-wicking any 306!!! I vape 306s only... so this opinion is based on quite a bit of experience. There are 2 wicks... the first wick resides inside the coils... DONT TOUCH THIS ONE! Dont worry, it's extremely difficult to remove this wick... you cant do it by accident. The second wick, the one to be removed, lives just underneath the bridge... this wick is designed to help juice flow from a cart into the coils... if you're dripping, you dont need it... The atty will work fine for a while with the wick, but eventually is gets gummed up and really hurts performance. I de-wick as soon as I get them and it keeps them going and going...

Don actually turned me on to LR 306 attys... They're amazing with both a true 3.7 and a "fat battery" 510 like the ego/riva/inferono/tornado/etc... With a true 3.7, they deliver ~9 watts which is perfect... I cant speak for Bauway's LR 306, but I can say that their LR 510 is a definite winner... so I'd assume the 306 is good too!

Hey... thnx for the explanation about de-wicking! It wasn't clear to me what was being removed before reading it. I always thought that the wick running thru the coil was yanked out (and that just didn't seem right to me). I haven't tried de-wicking yet, but eventually I'll take a closer look in there and poke at it. Since pressing the drip-tip on the Bauway that I'm using, i haven't pulled it off yet. No leaking at all and tastes great and mucho vaporo, so I don't want to mess with it while it's working like it is.

Last edited:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Hey... thnx for the explanation about de-wicking! It wasn't clear to me what was being removed before reading it. I always thought that the wick running thru the coil was yanked out (and that just didn't seem right to me). I haven't tried de-wicking yet, but eventually I'll take a closer look in there and poke at it. Since pressing the drip-tip on the Bauway that I'm using, i haven't pulled it off yet. No leaking at all and tastes great and mucho vaporo, so I don't want to mess with it while it's working like it is.

If its working, keep it up! If it stops, you'll know what to do! Definitely dont touch the wick running through the coils! Check out my avatar; that is a properly de-wicked 306. Also, if your 306 ever drops off in performance, search "atty resurrection method" and follow the directions... I swear by this method and it works flawlessly on 306s. Doesnt hurt your atty unless you dont follow the instructions... I have attys that have been around for months, still producing big nasty clouds!

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
They are all ive been using now for almost 6 months. I cant take the cartomizers and have adapted to dripping no matter where and what im doing. I dont even get any on my hands when Im driving LOL
I started using these when Don put them up, they are now my primary around the house puffer. I still use the tank for the 12 hour shifts, because I can't be dripping in the hospital. They work great, wonderful vapor and flavor.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
+1 totally agree with chornbro... I sometimes start out using without dewicking, but as soon as the draw starts getting hard,,, OUT comes the wick ! It's like hitting a brand new attie and has sometimes lasted well over a month. Did ruin a couple trying to pull all the wicking out but just do as described and you'll be amazed

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
So i've had to take a break from vaping for a while, something vaping related (i think) caused my lips to get very "chapped", but not exaclty chapped, burningly irritated along with dryness is more accurate. Been off the vape since last friday... snus'ing instead to get the nic fix.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but i suspect its derlin of all things? At first i thought it was liquids from a new vendor and after i stopped using those liquids it did clear up... but then it returned while using BWB liquids... that's when i noticed the derlin connection. Usually i vape 801s via the std rubberized 801 whistle-tip, but i had switched to using some LR cartos and a little derlin drip-tip (problem arised), then i switched back to 801s and BWB (problem subsided), then i switched to a 306 with a derlin tip and BWB (problem returned).

For now, I'm letting my lips heal up before i venture into vaping again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread