Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Use higher ohm single core and if you really have to have dual core stick with the 2.5 ohm version. If you go to low with the ohms the limiter will kick in sooner as you move up the voltage range.

I used a 3 ohm CE2 with it and it performed very well. As far as voltage that's preference, if you stick with higher ohm around 3ish you should have a wide range to find your sweet spot.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I got my LT on Wednesday. I have to agree with Nomoreash. The 3ohm attys I got with my kit are amazing. I like to use them right at 5v. But, my everyday, is a 2.5ohm dual coil tank carto from Smoktech (MV is a popular supplier for this) I like to run the dual coil between 4 - 4.5v using Dekang USA Mix... mmm Low Resistant attys and cartos are kind of pointless on a VV mod.

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
Corley, did you order any adapters? If so, I'd suggest using the Vision Ego Clearomizers/Stardusts you said you were using in the other thread. The standard resistance ones are 3 ohm iirc, so you should be able to dial the voltage around on them pretty well. The only other clearomizers that I've used and liked are also made by Vision. You can get them pretty much anywhere and they're 510 threaded, so no adapter needed. I'm not sure what the standard resistance is on one of those is...
*hooks up multimeter*
I'm getting 2.6 on one and 2.8 on another, so not a terrible choice. Can't dial those up quite as high, but it's not really necessary.

Other than that, fill up your carto with juice, screw it in and get to testing. Start at a low voltage and ramp up between vapes. I find that if the voltage is too low, you won't get much in the way of taste or vapor. If the voltage is too high, the juice will begin to lose taste, then begin to taste scorched and then taste burnt.

One last thing. I find that different liquids will have different 'sweet spots' even when using the same atomizer. That's the nice thing about having a variable voltage device. You are in control and can switch things up pretty easily.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I like the Vision Stone II tank (around 2.0 ohm), but you cant crank it up that high but IMO, you wouldn't need to. I have been using some 2.8ohm E2's in a tank and they work really nicely.

I know you mentioned you don't like filler, but I have gotten some of the best results from SmokTech 2.5ohm Dual Coils when pushing to the high end of the coltage limit. Super warm vape on those around 5.0v. Stardusts should work really well, or a Giantomizer/Humongizer if you can get a decent 2.5-3.5 ohm one.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
The nice thing about VV is you can dial it in to what works best.

I like the Vision stuff, but I'm tired of flooding and having to perform surgery to get it not to taste burnt.

I'm about to try the 1.7 reserrectors carts in my tank and see how that goes, which doesn't meant your non-filler but to each their own. I just expect my voltage will be around 3.7-4.

If the Vision stuff really keeps improving and they can get rid of flooding/wicking issues, I think they'll be the clear cut choice down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread