Status
Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Okay, I'm the ridiculously lucky person who won the ProVari holiday contest starter-kit. Truly grateful to the folks at ProVape as it is the best device I've used. Amazingly, they sent it out to me the next day via Priority mail! David at ProVape actually responded to an email I sent him after midnight the day I won. I was freaking out because of the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is", lol. No questioning this company's service at this point!
I knew I would like it, but it makes me wonder why I didn't simply order one when I started looking at mods. Among the features that stand out are the build quality, size, and weight of the device. They all seem to be in perfect harmony. The pictures really do not do it justice; it's elegant and dare I say cute at the same time. Using LR atty's, I'm getting about 5 hours of run time with heavy vaping on the standard 18490 batts, which is fine by me. Getting the extension with a bigger batt will be icing on the cake at this point. The atomizer ohm's check really stands out. I thought the menu system might be complicated, but it's super easy to navigate. Other than the battery extension, I need to get a good case for it. Any suggestions? Vape-on on every1!

Last edited:

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
Congrats on the new Provari. It is an excellent PV. I have no idea about cases, in a way I wouldn't mind finding one either. I think I am going to go back to wearing carpenter jeans so I can keep it in the right leg pocket when out and about. Wearing cargo pants it is a lot of weight moving and bouncing around.

You must be a chain vaper or I just don't vape enough LOL. The 18490's seem to last me a full day.

Bad_Habit

This is Bat Country
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Fredericksburg Va/ FredVegas Baby

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Just one suggestion and that would be to use standard resistance attys/cartos and turn the voltage up. I think you will find the battery life to be improved.

Thx for the suggestion BigDaddyVapes...I saw that there's a case available on ProVape's site. I like the carbon-fiber too. Someone suggested getting an eGo case, but I just don't like the idea of it being mentioned with an ego, lol.
GR - I really enjoy hitting standard resistance boge carto's at about 5.5v on it. I've ordered a few higher resistance atty's as well. The atty I have on it now is a LR306, that is measuring at 1.5 ohm's...and it will only fire at 3.4 on the provari without the error message. So definitely looking forward to higher resistance atty's. And yes, when I'm at home, I vape constantly around 6-12mg. Just checked my battery, and it's at 3.4v after about 5 hours today.

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thx for the suggestion BigDaddyVapes...I saw that there's a case available on ProVape's site. I like the carbon-fiber too. Someone suggested getting an eGo case, but I just don't like the idea of it being mentioned with an ego, lol.
GR - I really enjoy hitting standard resistance boge carto's at about 5.5v on it. I've ordered a few higher resistance atty's as well. The atty I have on it now is a LR306, that is measuring at 1.5 ohm's...and it will only fire at 3.4 on the provari without the error message. So definitely looking forward to higher resistance atty's. And yes, when I'm at home, I vape constantly around 6-12mg. Just checked my battery, and it's at 3.4v after about 5 hours today.

Good deal. Sounds like you already hit your sweet spot. I have some 3.0ohm Boges coming since I would like to try cartos. I tried the Smoketech dual coils lr's on an ego and I didn't care for them.

I do have a couple of lr attys I use on my Provari but the lowest ohm one I have is 1.8 and I usually use those two at either 4.0 - 4.4 volts. The 3.0 ohm attys I have been using a new 3.0ohm atty with BWB Ry4 and it has pretty good throat hit to begin with and with it being a new atty I have had the voltage on that one down to 4.2.

I would love to chain vape but I get dried out too much and my sense of taste is still whacky. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the taste buds will come around.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
congrats on the Provari man happy for ya sir. As for the case/holder/protection thingy I highly recommend a cigar holder. You can get leather cigar holders in different sizes. I bought a 25 ring gauge holder for my P18 a while ago and it's fantastic. I can have my Provari + atty in the holder and as most come with 2 cigar slots I can have a 10ml juice bottle + extra battery + atty in the second slot.

Will run you anywhere from $20-$70

Okay, I'm the ridiculously lucky person who won the ProVari holiday contest starter-kit. Truly grateful to the folks at ProVape as it is the best device I've used. Amazingly, they sent it out to me the next day via Priority mail! David at ProVape actually responded to an email I sent him after midnight the day I won. I was freaking out because of the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is", lol. No questioning this company's service at this point!
I knew I would like it, but it makes me wonder why I didn't simply order one when I started looking at mods. Among the features that stand out are the build quality, size, and weight of the device. They all seem to be in perfect harmony. The pictures really do not do it justice; it's elegant and dare I say cute at the same time. Using LR atty's, I'm getting about 5 hours of run time with heavy vaping on the standard 18490 batts, which is fine by me. Getting the extension with a bigger batt will be icing on the cake at this point. The atomizer ohm's check really stands out. I thought the menu system might be complicated, but it's super easy to navigate. Other than the battery extension, I need to get a good case for it. Any suggestions? Vape-on on every1!

Jackass69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Sweden
I have been using my Satin ProVari for a week now and I love it, the ProVari is amazing. I mainly use it with a Chibi tank armed with Boge 3.0. :) I like it better than my MAP with ST DC cartos.
I'm also waiting for a dripshield.
A suggestion for a case is the Cigar Caddy 3140 Travel Case 2 Cigars made by Otterbox. Look for it on ebay :)
It's around $18 and seems to be perfect. I haven't ordered yet because the shipping would be twice to Sweden :( but I plan to eventualy.
Another great case is a MAG light pouch that comes with some packages. I use it every day :)

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
For a case I'd say the cigar caddy by outter box. It fits my ol ladys and mine nicely. It's water proof and much more. It dis save both of our varis from damage when it fell out of my jacket after hitting a pothole at 75 on the Harley. Case is scratched up and both fired right up. I'm not sure if I'd want to put them in a soft case or not though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bad_Habit

This is Bat Country
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Fredericksburg Va/ FredVegas Baby
carbon fiber tube shell/case I mentioned before - Got mine in yesterday and here are a few pics
-

holds the provari really well and since its carbon fiber adds no extra weight really at all

Picture30.jpg

Picture29.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Picture27.jpg

Picture26.jpg

Picture24.jpg

Last edited:

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
carbon fiber tube shell/case I mentioned before - Got mine in yesterday and here are a few pics
-

holds the provari really well and since its carbon fiber adds no extra weight really at all

Picture30.jpg

Picture29.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Picture27.jpg

Picture26.jpg

Picture24.jpg

I have the same CF sleeve, both in standard and extended versions. I have the means to make these, just wondering if there would be demand. Of course, dalton would have to give his nod for me to use his design.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread