Lurker turned vaper!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Just wanted to acknowledge my presence as I have been lurking this site and all the information for over a week. Finally got my Ego-C in this morning and tried it out after 12 hrs of work. Sitting in the truck after the Post Office I perused the instructions and assembled. Not too many problems and I finally got my first vape. Checked it out for a few and went to bed this morning. Got up to catch the B's on the ice and fired up a coffee and was really looking forward to that vape.......nothing. Changed atomizers, heads, batteries....nothing. I am embarrassed to say after two hours I finally figured it out. I wasn't hitting the button during draw....idiot. Especially after I had done it successfully this morning. Sometime you have to laugh at yourself. In my world I am a constant comedy show. Going back to work tonight for another 12, before anybody starts to feel sorry for me, I work full time 3 days a week. You can have the weekends....I like the shift. It's the analogs that disgust me and how I feel about myself. I haven't picked up a drug or drink for 20 years this March 25, but have been unable to kick the nasty habit. I,ve tried mostly all, hypnotist, Chantex, patches, cold turkey....some success but never and real time. When I thought about quitting again I just couldn't get the feeling or desire to quit. So reading all the useful info and experiences...I am ready to give it another shot. Talking with Dive Bomber, who happens to be a close friend(useless redneck wannabe) and hearing he hasn't picked up an analog in six weeks I was inspired. That's the background and now all that's left is the future. Thanks for all your post's and experiences and vape on.

schmicknick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Midwest USA
hello chim... welcome!
...Sounds great. I never worried much about quitting or when, I really only knew that I would enjoy the vaping. All the different parts of it, and so I knew I'd set the analogues aside... there was just no contest on the scales, for me anyway.. :)
...3 12's sounds like a good system, I agree... Your nickname suggests to me that you are a poppins fan... :)
...all the best, and continued success and enjoyment in your vaping endeavors.. Cheers, ~M

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
hello chim... welcome!
...Sounds great. I never worried much about quitting or when, I really only knew that I would enjoy the vaping. All the different parts of it, and so I knew I'd set the analogues aside... there was just no contest on the scales, for me anyway.. :)
...3 12's sounds like a good system, I agree... Your nickname suggests to me that you are a poppins fan... :)
...all the best, and continued success and enjoyment in your vaping endeavors.. Cheers, ~M

Thanks for the support, but to clear one thing up...though I am old enough and watched several years of .... Van .... show...the name is because I am a Certified Chimney Sweep...I have my own business, since I only work 3 day a week as previously stated....the wonderful wife couldn't see me hunting, fishing, golfing, and laying around 4 days a week..

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Being in recovery from D&A....I have to say this was the hardest to let go....I'm so grateful for vaping.

Gotta agree with you there. Morphine? Quit it cold turkey, though I almost died (a story for another day, perhaps), same thing with the white powder. Never looked back. Haven't used either in at least a decade.

But cigarettes are an entirely different animal. I wrote a piece on vaping for my newspaper a few weeks ago, and during the research I found out that nicotine is THE most addictive substance known to man. That is science, not exaggeration. I also found figures like 4% of people quit smoking for the rest of their lives. Pretty grim. So vaping is great all around.

I got off smoking for a couple years twice but went right back to a pack a day like nothing the first time life took a dookie on my head. This time I don't have any cravings because I'm still getting my nicotine fix. That is where the downside to vaping comes in: I have to admit that I'll be vaping until my heart stops or I'll have that final stay in hospice to look forward to from going back to the analogs. I've beat my other demons, at least the substance related ones, but nicotine owns me. I am it's beotch.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
Downside? Dude, not-so-news-flash. Nobody lives forever. Vaping greatly increases the possibilty we'll die from other, natural causes & won't spend months or years hooked up to an O2 tank, gasping like a fish out of water. I don't expect it to "cure" death, but improve my quality of life while I'm here. I cough less, breathe easier & taste more, and if the myths hold true, I'll eventually actually save money....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread