m801 and... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Thanks to folks here I know what a m301 and a m601 are. Now I see an 801 and also a 650/900 atty that goes w/ the new X-power. And the 650/900 can be used w/ a 301. I'm comfused now. *&%@~
Joe

PapaJoe, the Xpower 650/900 atty is a modified M301 atty. The Xpower atomizer's metal sleeve around the bridge is about 1/2" taller than an M301 atty. The Xpower cartridge (and the M301's cartridge) is a 510/901 type where the "polyfill chamber" which you wet is constructed as part of the mouthpiece, unlike the M401 or the M601 where the actual cartridge can be popped out of the mouthpiece using ye olde straightened paperclip trick we're all so familiar with.

Edit to add--you can use a 510 drip tip on a M301.

Theoretically the Xpower cartridge should hold quite a bit more juice than the standard M301/M601 since the liquid reserve area is almost half an inch deeper. I only say theoretically since I use a cartidge about 10% of the time, and usually drip. The M301 is wonderful for dripping, though I do notice that the xpower cartridge does last longer than the M301's. As far as tastiness, I can't tell any difference between the Xpower atty and the M301, meaning they're good. I try to keep both attys on hand.

I did order one M801 atty just to try, since I was guessing it's something like a Blu. You can use it with a 510 threaded power source. Haven't done any long term testing with it after the first hour or so. It will not replace the M401 and the M301/601 and the BE112 for me since the taste I got from it was not superior to my favorite attys. Not that it was bad--for me the M801 is like a milder 510. The bridge on an M801 is a nice curved bridge that Smoore does so well with and it is an exposed type of atty. If I wanted to drip on the M801, I could probably find a 306 drip tip that's a bit too loose on the 306. The 306 clear drip tip I'm using on the M401 is simply too tight for the M801.

Last edited:

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Kemuri, as always you take the time to explain things so well... thanks!

I have some 901 attys so I know what you are talking about with the filler chamber. The no bucket deal does make things easier but I have gotten good at popping and filling my 401s. I fill a few at a time and the great flavor makes this something I don't mind doing.

So I guess the 801 is for those who have 510 thread type batts and want to try the Smoore type attys. I have 901 threading but not 510 so I ques I wont need an 801. But wait... I could get a 901 to 510 adapter and use the 801. But hmm?.. does the 801 cart have a bucket?

I do wish I could hook up a 301/601, and also a 650/900, to my 3.7V 905 901 thread mod. I just hate to get more chargers and batts. They will make adapters someday I'm sure.

Oh, but do the 900 carts fit the 301? They are calling the 900 carts a "mega" so I figured they were bigger. Yes, 1/2' is allot bigger.

Just one more question... what is a 650? Why call the X-Power atty a 650/900? Oh, that's two questions. :~0
Joe

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
When you say "they are calling the 900...mega" atomizer, do you mean litecigusa or a China site? I must've missed any mention of mega. It's simply longer for greater liquid capacity.

So I guess there are currently 3 types of M301 atomizers on the market. The Xpower atty (the longer version of the M301), the standard M301, and the M601XL which electronic-cigz.com had made (?) for them, which is an M601 exposed atty with a metal sleeve placed on it, making it essentially an M301. I tried all 3 types, plus the M601, and given a blind test I don't think I could tell one from the other on taste alone on those 4 atomizers. The M601 might possibly have a slight advantage in flavor because it is an exposed atty. But the M301 (and the Xpower atty) trumps that for drippers like myself. The attys I mentioned will fit both the Xpower 650 and the Xpower 900 models of course.

The Xpower comes with 2 types of proprietary batteries aka power unit models, the 650 and the 900 mah. The 900 is of course a bit larger than the 650 because the 900 has more battery "stuff" in it to make it last longer per charge. If I remember correctly the M401 is like a 180 mah. The general saying is 100 mah means about 1 hour of vaping, though that's really optimistic. I think if you divide the mah rating by 200, you'll get a more realistic vaping time. So a 900 mah unit should last roughly 4.5 hours.

I think--not positive since I didn't order an M801 cartridge when I got my M801 atty--the M801 cartridge is an M401 type of construction with an inner bucket as you call it. You're right, never though of it that way but it does sort of resemble a tiny elongated bucket. Hope no one fell into the well.

I ordered the M801 atty out of curiosity, thinking it may be a Blu, or a 306 type. If a 306 type, I figured I could use a 306 drip tip on it. The M801 might be a hair wider, making the 306 drip tip not easy to use on it.

Kemuri, as always you take the time to explain things so well... thanks!

I have some 901 attys so I know what you are talking about with the filler chamber. The no bucket deal does make things easier but I have gotten good at popping and filling my 401s. I fill a few at a time and the great flavor makes this something I don't mind doing.

So I guess the 801 is for those who have 510 thread type batts and want to try the Smoore type attys. I have 901 threading but not 510 so I ques I wont need an 801. But wait... I could get a 901 to 510 adapter and use the 801. But hmm?.. does the 801 cart have a bucket?

I do wish I could hook up a 301/601, and also a 650/900, to my 3.7V 905 901 thread mod. I just hate to get more chargers and batts. They will make adapters someday I'm sure.

Oh, but do the 900 carts fit the 301? They are calling the 900 carts a "mega" so I figured they were bigger. Yes, 1/2' is allot bigger.

Just one more question... what is a 650? Why call the X-Power atty a 650/900? Oh, that's two questions. :~0
Joe

Last edited:

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Kemuri, it was mega carts, and yes at litecig. It was on the X-Power 900 starter kit page there.

Bucket, the well is to small to fall into. :~) So, the 601's uses a non bucket type cart? I've done some dripping, and dipping, but I am more of a carter. That is why I am so interested in the 601. But, I might do more dripping if I had a 301 or an XP atty.
Joe

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
The M601 uses a bucket within a mouthpiece. Just consider it a larger 401 in the way it's put together. Actually the M601 battery with the M601 atty connected to it is still comfortable enough for me to hold between my teeth, though it is of course larger than a 401. It's not the exact same taste as an 401 but it's close you know they share the same genes, both being flavorful.

Actually because the M601 bucket (the inner cartridge) is larger than the 401, it is possible to drip into the bucket without moving it out with a straightened paperclip as is done with a 401. I've refilled by simply aiming for the center. Just aim carefully, but it's not so bad, not brain surgery so a slip won't be disastrous.

In case you don't have a 901 to 510 adapter, altsmoke and litecig has it. If you're getting the 510 to 601 adapter from electronic-cigz.com, I believe they have a package deal of 2 M601 attys , 10 blank cartridges plus an adapter for about $29. Or, you can order one of their adapter and an atomizer for about $15 I think.

I've also ordered M601 parts and or/basic kit from

Super Nova Elite White Electronic Cigarette
ATOMIZERS
and of course absolutelyecigs.com in China.

If litecigusa carried M601 I'd order that at the same time as the M301's which I get from him.

By the way, I have the M601 battery and the M301 battery and I can't tell one from the other. Of course the 601/301/xpower attys and cartomizers are useable with those batteries in whatever configuration. I use the M601 usb charger to charge the M301 battery and even use it to charge the Xpower (it takes a bit longer because the Xpower is good sized battery, the size of Riva/Ego.

Kemuri, it was mega carts, and yes at litecig. It was on the X-Power 900 starter kit page there.

Bucket, the well is to small to fall into. :~) So, the 601's uses a non bucket type cart? I've done some dripping, and dipping, but I am more of a carter. That is why I am so interested in the 601. But, I might do more dripping if I had a 301 or an XP atty.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread