Machinist Help Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Well, I was thinking something in the style of a Lightsaber but not quite as big.

My wife knowing that I'm a geek, got me a kid's lightsaber for Christmas. It is plastic junk BUT it has sounds! We're talking power-up, the usual hum, motion sounds and charge sounds when you hit it against something. Very cool stuff! I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy another one so I can tear out the guts.

My overall thought is that we produce a lightsaber hilt with the integrated 3xAAA box and a space for a mod to slide in. Of course, all mods are different so the design could be tough. I'd like to make one to slide my ProVari in to. It would be a cool compliment, IMO!

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
saber to kill Darth Vader on the other ?

Lord Vader does not approve

vader.jpg

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Ok, first I need to get my ProVari in-hand (any day now) and take some measurements.

Once I know the sizes, I'll order the following pieces...

Picture_054.jpg

mps3v1.jpg

170_7042.jpg

I'm going to have them do some powder coating on the top piece and the pommel so they look cool. The only part that will need to be made is the center tube. I'd like to do something like this:
DSC00530.JPG

It is actually kind of similar to the look of the ProVari but I want to be able to slide the PV inside of the tube and drill out a hold for the PV's button (or a button extension) to go through. I'll also need to cut-out a section for the PV's display. I can't get exact measurements until it arrives. Ideally, if there is enough room for this to work, I'd like to be able to slide the PV inside from the top so that it sits properly and then screw on my Genesis atomizer at the top of the hilt. That should leave enough room in the bottom section of the tube for the sound board and batteries. Of course, this only works if the parts can all screw together with the PV inside.

If you guys have any thoughts or advice, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread