Made my first batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Well, I can tell you now that I make one heck of a flavorless pg/vg blend. I mixed Lorann's apple at 5% and 10% with a 70/30 pg/vg ratio. I did this ratio because I figured it would be somewhat vapeable right away just to get an idea.I have absolutely no flavor . I know everyone will say steep but for a mixture high enough in Pg should I expect to taste something? I am using the ejuice me up calculator. All the ingredients are from wizard labs.
Any insight?
Thanks everyone

I have not used that flavoring, but yes, steeping is mandatory for some to come out. The other thing I can think of to ask is how certain are you about your measurements? Did you use a calculator and double check the amounts? Did you use drops, or a syringe, or....?

And IMO, being able to make good flavorless juice at 33 mg/ml nicotine for less than $0.02 per ml is one of my main motivations for DIY. I like it enough that it is my ADV. And it does not gunk up my coils, even at 90% VG 10% water. I always have one tank with unflavored and one tank of whichever flavor I am playing around with at the time. The tank with unflavored always runs out first. But I suppose nicotine concentration may have a lot to do with how enjoyable unflavored is for someone. If you are a nic hound like me, that is the only ingredient that really matters.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I will have to try heating it up. They are in plastic bottles so the oven at 150 might be too much. I'll definitely try the tap water and see how it goes. I appreciate all the feedback

Get a good thurmos cup. It will keep it hot longer. A few hours in the cup will make a world of difference.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
I use the same brand ingredients- Lorann flavors and wizard labs bases, and I've found that some Lorann flavors simply don't go well with vaping. You should bear in mind that Lorann flavors are based on food design, not vaping. I'd recommend if you are going to go with fruity flavors, stick to TFA or one of the other vendors that designs flavors exclusively for vaping. Of lorann's flavors, here's what I find works and what doesn't:

Works well:
Licorice
Cinnamon (oil)
Clove (oil) - to a point, there's probably better out there
Watermelon - If you use a sweetner

What doesn't work:
Root Beer
Kahlua
Hazelnut
strawberry
bubble gum
cherry
Spearmint
... and most any fruity or nut flavors

Frankly, I moved to Hangsen concentrates about 6 months ago and haven't gone back to any of my lorann flavors except cinnamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread