Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I figured out a workaround.

I went back to my cart after I entered the Paypal info. Selected Proceed to Checkout from there, where it then showed my address that I had saved in my account (which also had my phone number already entered), and from there it allowed me to submit my order.

However, whereas First Class shipping was $0.00 the first time, this time around it was $2.99.

So it cost me an extra $3 to get the checkout to work.. coulda upgraded to Priority for $3.... ah well, at least I finally got my order in. Been wanting to get some parts for a while now.

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Paypal express it a tad clumsy.. Pro is more seamless. The problem lies in Paypal being available on the first page of checkout before shipping is calulated..

There's a change that they may catch on to madvapes and shut us off but 90% of our sales are really electronics related :)

Use it while you can I guess...

hoog

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well darn it! (LOL)

get a PayPal debit card. You don't need to keep a balance in your paypal acct to have a debit card from them and they will withdraw from your bank acct when you make purchases that exceed your balance. I used to be really in to ebay and have a bank acct just for my internet purchases. 99.99% of my internet purchases are done with my paypal debit card (including almost all of my e-cig related purchases). Apply for one today and you'll probably have it in hand in about 10 or 12 days. -- Since it is mastercard, paypal doesn't restrict what you can or can't buy with it.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
get a PayPal debit card. You don't need to keep a balance in your paypal acct to have a debit card from them and they will withdraw from your bank acct when you make purchases that exceed your balance. I used to be really in to ebay and have a bank acct just for my internet purchases. 99.99% of my internet purchases are done with my paypal debit card (including almost all of my e-cig related purchases). Apply for one today and you'll probably have it in hand in about 10 or 12 days. -- Since it is mastercard, paypal doesn't restrict what you can or can't buy with it.

+1 Plus you can use it at the ATM if you need to pull money out of paypal for cash.

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
Hey hoogie they'll take payment for any ebay purchase. Tell them that after they see how many hits they get when they search for e-cigarettes on ebay (they'll get plenty) that you are going to sue them for discrimination. :)

i second that notion...also look up your local aclu and include that phone number in the email lol

musreq

Jan 14, 2011
usa

I really prefer not to give paypal my SSN.

I only have a checking account linked to paypal and have never been asked for my SSN.

They will definitely ask if I apply for their debit card.

I think instead I'll just grab a visa gift card from walgreens. "gift2go"

I have heard of some visa gift cards not working online due to the address check for verification.

If the madvapes checkout declines it due to shipping address not matching the card that should be easy enough to fix with a gift2go card.

The gift2go has an option to register an address to the card online.

Has anybody already tried a visa gift card with madvapes checkout system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread