Madvapes Website Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Over the weekend on 6/14 2:00 pm EST to 6/17 9:03 am EST, someone hacked into the administration area of our e-commerce server.

In doing so they were able to change settings that allowed them to potentially see customer credit card data for new orders being placed.

We do not know if credit card information was viewed but there is a possibility of it and we want you to be aware of the situation. We do not store credit card data so this would only be limited to transactions that were placed on the dates specified above.

We have alerted the affected customers and unfortunately have had to cancel any orders from this weekend.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Just received the notification e-mail myself after trying to make my first (and probably only) order. Sigh.

I know, small business and all. But ... sigh.

Sorry Nonalog :(

We've worked all day to put some additional safeguards in place so hopefully it will never happen again but it still sucks.

hoog

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Just placed my first vaping order in a year and a half, and this happens . . . :(

You know your business is going to drop a bit because of this, but hope you realize your reputation for high quality and good service at a fair price will carry you through.

(Your dropping 808s means I'll never be as good a customer as I once was, but I'll still recommend you and order some juice from time to time.)

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Of course it was one of the rare times I was too lazy to get a shopsafe virtual number and placed a big order. I'm not terribly pleased about it, but I placed the order again today this time using a virtual number. This did wake me up though, I won't be using anything other than virtual numbers from now on. It's a little extra hassle, but the safety is well worth it. I put in fraud alerts to the big boys as well. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
No need. There isn't security in the world that can't be hacked. Yes it van be safer but everything can be hacked.

All cc have fraud protection might be a slight inconvenience but it is what it is.

Be Max at low life trying to steal cc info and sell it. Not a vendor who is brining up quality merchandise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread