Major Sigelei Kaos Spectrum Issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkbrickley

Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas, everyone! I’m new to the forum and I mostly just sit back read the threads and try to soak up the knowledge, but today I need help! My husband has had the Sigelei Kaos Spectrum for about 8 weeks. Actually, he is on his third Kaos. The first one’s display screen burned up after 24 hours. The second one fell apart, when the 2 screws stripped right out of the top of the mod after about 48 hours. This third replacement has been fine until about a week ago. Every time he needs to change the batteries, the full batteries burn up the coil on the first puff. He’s been through 3 coils this week. Once he puts in the new coil, with the full batteries, it’s fine. But that first puff after the batteries go in, it burns it right up.

He has tried turning down the wattage from his usual 130 down to 40 for his first puff, with the intention of slowly moving back up to 130, but it even burns up at 40 watts. His tank is a smok V12 Prince with T10 coils.

Has anyone ever had this problem with this particular mod, or any other box mod before? Any advice or tips? Thanks so much for reading!!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Start priming even lower? I take priming puffs with NO wattage. With that said, there may be something weird going on with the mod settings-- like if there's a user mode, it's possible he boosts his wattage out of the gate.... something of that sort. I would look at a few reviews on YouTube to see if this problem can be identified. It doesn't make a HUGE amount of sense to me, unless changing the batteries is restoring some sort of "boost" setting, which may be possible. It's also possible that he got a few bad coils although I don't think that's a known issue with the V12 Prince like other smok tanks.

IDK. If you have to warranty the mod for a THIRD time, I might request a refund instead of replacement and try your luck with something different. I hope someone with more knowledge of the mod comes along to help.

Good luck,

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have a Kaos and a couple Prince tanks, but I am mostly at a loss for solutions.

My Prince tanks have never been used on the Kaos. That mod has little more control then adjusting the wattage or changing LED color when used in wattage mode. Only thing I've got for mod settings is make sure it is set for wattage and not temp control. That and make sure the batteries are a matched and married pair of authentic, quality batteries. 130 watts are pushing even quality batteries to their limit unless they are genuine 25 or 30 amp batteries.

As far as the Prince tank, I have mostly run the Q4 coils up to around 66 watts. I recently put the X6 in one and a T10 in the other and have had no problem with either. But I haven't gone up to 100 watts let alone 130. My highest for the T10 has been 86 watts. The T10 is rated "best at 80-110 watts". I think I started the new coil about 50 watts and moved it up 5 watts at a time, a few hits at each level, until it started vaping very well at 75 watts. Then played around with it a couple watts at a time until it settled in at 80-86 watts. I just never saw a reason to see how high it could go, so stopped there.

So the best I've got is check what and quality of the batteries, make sure Kaos is in wattage mode, don't push the wattage too high (both for safety and harder on the coils), and if trying a new coil you might use a different less/non-sweet juice. But I am at a loss why any of that would cause a T10 coil to give a burnt taste or burn up a coil at 40 watts......that should give you nothing.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Sigelei Kaos Spectrum Owners Group

A group of Spectrum owners here at ECF. That thread turned rather nasty a few weeks ago, but someone there may be able to help. As I recall, Sigelei and Smok mod owners both have kinda what's called a "love hate relationship." When they work as designed, they're awesome. When they don't, they're infuriating.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome and Merry Christmas. I don't have either the mod or the tank, so I can't help a lot. I will offer, however, if your husband really intends to vape at 130W regularly, it's time for him to learn to build coils and switch to RTA/RDAs.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
    AB, CANADA
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Please do not crosspost the same thing in multiple places.

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    Like everyone else mentioned, it sounds like some of the settings on his mod are way off.

But even then I don't know how some of you guys do it.

If I went through 2 mods in 3 days, and 3 coils in 7 days; even if it was user error; I would not be going out and buying more of the same.

• Agree
    Reactions: Vaperer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread