Make it sweeter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I have several juices that taste okay to me but are just a bit bitter or not quite sweet enough. I think I would really LOVE these juices if I could figure out how to sweeten them a little bit.
Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Two ways I know of
1 add a sweeter juice to it creating a new flavor
2 add some ethyl malto to it

Get you some Tasty Puffs drops, they are very sweet! .and it only takes 10 or drops, they are highly concentrated, and go alonnng ways..

I wrote to them and asked about their ingredients, here is a copy of what they wrote:

"HI Michelle, All of the ingredients in Tasty Puff are FDA approved.. It is made from extracts of plants, fruits, spices.. Non-flavor ingredients include water, food coloring, propylene glycol, and ethyl alcohol.. Tasty Puff is totally edible, although we don’t recommend it because it is highly concentrated flavoring and doesn’t taste very good directly on the tongue!.
Tasty Puff works great in e-cigarettes!. We have had nothing but positive feedback so far!. Tasty Puff is very concentrated, so start with one drop.. You can always add more if necessary.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Erin".

I use them to liven up my dull mixes or add a sweet fruit flavor to my FaeriesFinest black walnut flavoring.

The watermelon, and apple flavors taste just like jolly rancher candies flavor..

And they even have Juicy Fruit! .which tastes exactly like the Juicy Fruit gum! .Like they got the flavoring straight from Wrigley's or something, lol. .It's really good.

You won't find anything sweeter than these, that's for sure.

The only thing is, if you use alot of it in your mix, sometimes it will run through the cart, into your mouth, ugh, but then again, it may just be my carts, I dunno.

I found this out the hard way, cuz when I first got them, I didn't realize they were THAT strong, I just assumed they were like any other flavoring, so I used like 10% or something like that, Shazam! lol. .Turns out that was like 5 times as much as I needed, lol. So I just added tons of VG to thin it back out into a big bottle, lol

I only use around 2%, give or take. The watermelon flavor is even stronger, so I use less. .So for my small 5mL bottles, mixed with VG and nic, that's 2 drops of Tasty Puff's.

This stuff goes a lonnnng, long ways..

http://www.tastypuff.com/

oh, I almost forgot, there's a small speaker next to the little dancing guy on the site, if you click on it, it mutes the music, kindof annoying, lol

@ MickiO have you tried the toke a cola does it taste like soda cola or candy cola

No, not yet, but sounds good! I've tried 7 of the fruit flavors,. and I also have the Juicy Fruit.

I'll have to add the cola one to the list next time I order, thanks!

I use Ethyl Maltol when I want to add sweetness and a bit of a caramel-ish note. I use liquid sucralose, LorAnn Marshmallow, and LorAnn Cotton Candy at other times. All of them work well depending on what flavor I'm sweetening.

;)

Hi G. Just curious where a person might find .Ethyl Maltol?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread