Makeshift wick ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
OK, not sure the OP or anyone else reading this would know though.

You're suggestion is a much cheaper way to see if you like Rayon though, rather than buying a huge box from the beauty supply store like I did.

Luckily I prefer Rayon to any cotton type I've tried, and I tried a bunch.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
For someone in a pinch you sure are picky.

Cotton balls - Organic or bleached work just as well they are just more difficult to manage.
By the way - They are actually flushed in Peroxide then thoroughly rinsed which eliminates any residual as peroxide breaks down to hydrogen and oxygen.

Then they are dried and packaged.

* Most organically grown anything is basicly grown without any form of pesticides in already polluted ground. Watered naturally by acid rain. then hand picked by Bob's you uncle and if lucky they washed their hands after hitting the nearest tree for a break.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Some of my drip tips are loose in some of my drippers/tanks and so I have been known to take a small piece of paper towl and wrap it around the loose tip--

and poke a big hole thru the paper with a small jewlers screwdriver--and press the tip down into the hole.

I then wet the outside of the extra hang over paper towel with water and it becomes soft and I trim all the exsess away and the tip is now tite works good

even forget sometimes that the paper is even in there.....

Reactions: ReigntheGamer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread