Cotton wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
So I have a smok tech rebuildable, and I replaced the wick with sterile cotton gauze, and 32 kanthal wire. My coil is at 2.4ohms, and I'm running about 3.8-4.0v through it. It was a beast for a day, tons of vapor and flavor, and now suddenly it's not wicking, and I'm getting dry hits. It works great if I drip it every 10 hits or so, but then it's back to dry tasting. Any ideas? This is my first experience with cotton wicking. 50/50 cinnabomb BTW

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
I played some more remo, and I quickly moved on to stainless steel mesh. lol I was able to get a cotton wick working by putting my wick next to a syringe needle and wrapping the coil then removing the syringe. I did this for about two weeks, and every time after two days, started having wicking problems, and cotton dry hits? blech! worst taste ever! I still have them, but i've since drained the tank, pulled the wick up to the atty portion, and just drip them while I'm sitting at home now. Cotton works amazing for dripping, but I just couldn't get them pulling liquid out of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread