Making canna oil from AVB (after vaped bud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
The oil came out well. I took a teaspoon last night after work and I expected it to be somewhere between 20-25mg THC. My guess is it was actually more like 15-20mg. Good effects, but not quite as strong as eating two 10mg gummies from a dispensary. However, that could also be because of the CBD mediating the THC. It was definitely in the neighborhood of 20mg though so I consider it a success.

Tonight I'm going to put a teaspoon in some hot coco :)
And it's time to look into what kind of goodies I can make from this oil. Gummies sound intriguing. I think I'm going to enjoy experimenting and Chrissy's going to love it. Not because of the cannabis but because I may get hooked on baking and that would be to her liking :D

BTW, sorry - maybe I should have started a separate thread as this wasn't pertaining to AVB. I do need to make something with my AVB though!

Gummies are time consuming but fun to make. I have enough gummies and canna-coconut oil that I won't need to make more for a few months.

The coconut oil made from my saved squeezed out cheesecloths turned out fairly strong. I made with 4 cheesecloths, 1/2 ounce per, so the left over from 2 ounces.

It's interesting the different effects from cannabis in its many forms of ingestion. The bonus is how much fun it is testing the concoctions we make. :shock:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
vape" data-source="post: 22387657" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Fog n vape said:
Gummies are time consuming but fun to make. I have enough gummies and canna-coconut oil that I won't need to make more for a few months.

The coconut oil made from my saved squeezed out cheesecloths turned out fairly strong. I made with 4 cheesecloths, 1/2 ounce per, so the left over from 2 ounces.

It's interesting the different effects from cannabis in its many forms of ingestion. The bonus is how much fun it is testing the concoctions we make. :shock:
Out of curiosity how do you store your canna-coconut oil? I have 2 jars, one at room temp in a drawer out of the light and another in the fridge. Should both be stored in the fridge? I've had trouble finding an answer for that, curious how you store yours.

Yeah it's fascinating. In many ways I prefer the effects from edibles. I also love the effects from vaping though, so having options is great :) doubt I'll ever smoke again to be honest but it does have its own distinct effects in my experience vs vaping. Vaping seems to give me a more focused, uplifting effect and sure tastes better.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Out of curiosity how do you store your canna-coconut oil? I have 2 jars, one at room temp in a drawer out of the light and another in the fridge. Should both be stored in the fridge? I've had trouble finding an answer for that, curious how you store yours.

Yeah it's fascinating. In many ways I prefer the effects from edibles. I also love the effects from vaping though, so having options is great :) doubt I'll ever smoke again to be honest but it does have its own distinct effects in my experience vs vaping. Vaping seems to give me a more focused, uplifting effect and sure tastes better.

I keep my cana-coconut oil in the fridge. Gummies I've read are o.k.for a month in the fridge and for longer freeze.

I have more experience with cana-butter, this is my first year making cana-coconut oil, but with that as my reference here is the issue with storage, plant material in the finished product which will eventually rot at room temperature leading to molds forming. Filtering the oil or butter, I use cheesecloth, helps to reduce/eliminate plant material in the finished product, also keeping the material a bit on the coarse side, no powder, when making will also help reduce the amount of plant material passing through whatever filter we use.

I've stored up to 3/4 months, made with butter, in the fridge with no issues and I assume, oh no an assumption beware, with coconut oil would be similar. That said my oldest cana-coconut oil is 2 months old with no sign of deterioration yet stored in the fridge.

I have a similar outlook with vaping, doubt that other than emergency situations I will be smoking joints again, besides vaping being healthier it's just easier with the arthritis in my hands which was making rolling joints difficult. I do put a bit of kief from grinder with some bud in a bubbler once and awhile as I noticed buildup on the screen of DynaVap after sandwiching kief between bud, I haven't tried kief in the Splinter.

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I keep my cana-coconut oil in the fridge. Gummies I've read are o.k.for a month in the fridge and for longer freeze.

I have more experience with cana-butter, this is my first year making cana-coconut oil, but with that as my reference here is the issue with storage, plant material in the finished product which will eventually rot at room temperature leading to molds forming. Filtering the oil or butter, I use cheesecloth, helps to reduce/eliminate plant material in the finished product, also keeping the material a bit on the coarse side, no powder, when making will also help reduce the amount of plant material passing through whatever filter we use.

I've stored up to 3/4 months, made with butter, in the fridge with no issues and I assume, oh no an assumption beware, with coconut oil would be similar. That said my oldest cana-coconut oil is 2 months old with no sign of deterioration yet stored in the fridge.

I have a similar outlook with vaping, doubt that other than emergency situations I will be smoking joints again, besides vaping being healthier it's just easier with the arthritis in my hands which was making rolling joints difficult. I do put a bit of kief from grinder with some bud in a bubbler once and awhile as I noticed buildup on the screen of DynaVap after sandwiching kief between bud, I haven't tried kief in the Splinter.
Thanks for the reply! What I may do then is keep a reaaaaally small jar, say with one week's worth of oil in it at room temp and keep the rest bottled up in the fridge. This oil could last me as long as 4-6 months so I want to do everything I can to keep it good. I just found the cold oil difficult to measure precisely so I'm thinking a very small amount at room temp would probably be fine as long as I use it quickly.

Appreciate all the good info friend! :)

I'd be scared of using kief in the Splinter. Seems like it would possibly fall through into the coil area.

• Love
Reactions: Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Thanks for the reply! What I may do then is keep a reaaaaally small jar, say with one week's worth of oil in it at room temp and keep the rest bottled up in the fridge. This oil could last me as long as 4-6 months so I want to do everything I can to keep it good. I just found the cold oil difficult to measure precisely so I'm thinking a very small amount at room temp would probably be fine as long as I use it quickly.

Appreciate all the good info friend! :)

I'd be scared of using kief in the Splinter. Seems like it would possibly fall through into the coil area.

Could place small container in bowl of hot water to melt might make it easier to measure.

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread