Making juice really sweet advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
I'm trying to make really sweet saturated juice. I tried Sucralose Sweetener number of times but get no sweet vape with that at all. At most I get somewhat sickly sweet aftertaste. Worst of all, even 1 drop per 2ml makes the juice very harsh to vape. I'd welcome any ideas as for how to make juice richly sweet. Kind of like when you eat a sweet cake and vape right after that. I need that! :)

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
Not sure why the sucralose did not sweeten the vape for you, its one of the most common sweeteners used. I would advise building the "rich" sweetness and body you are looking for with EM. You can saturate a carrier liquid with up to 10% before it becomes more of a suspension. Then add the sucralose on top of it. 1 drop every 2 ml is quite a bit. I generally add one drop per 5ml to desert flavors.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Not sure why the sucralose did not sweeten the vape for you, its one of the most common sweeteners used. I would advise building the "rich" sweetness and body you are looking for with EM. You can saturate a carrier liquid with up to 10% before it becomes more of a suspension. Then add the sucralose on top of it. 1 drop every 2 ml is quite a bit. I generally add one drop per 5ml to desert flavors.

1 drop of the super concentrated version of ez sweetz (blue cap) per 5 ml? yuck.....way too much

1 drop per 15 mill of dessert ejuice is fine if using the ez sweetz super concentrate version.

OP used 1 drop per 2 mill of juice? that is un vapeable, no wonder u had bad results.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
1 drop of the super concentrated version of ez sweetz (blue cap) per 5 ml? yuck.....way too much

1 drop per 15 mill of dessert ejuice is fine if using the ez sweetz super concentrate version.

OP used 1 drop per 2 mill of juice? that is un vapeable, no wonder u had bad results.

Vendors selling Sucralose recommend 1 drop per 2ml as starting point. I did try even less but it was no go. I want a vape so sweet it'll stick my teeth together.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Vendors selling Sucralose recommend 1 drop per 2ml as starting point. I did try even less but it was no go. I want a vape so sweet it'll stick my teeth together.

Oh my...my blood sugar just went up reading that! If sucralose doesn't work, maybe try agave or liquid sugar. Not sure if that will work but you never know.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
Don't get me wrong. I can taste sweet juices all right. Fruits, some tobaccos etc but from my Sucralose experiments it seems that I can't make them any sweeter than they are otherwise they just start tasting harsh and bad. So maybe there is a limit to what can be done with sweetness.

There definitely is a tipping point with sucralose. Goes from sweet to nasty/chemical tasting if you get too much. That is why I recommended using it in addition to a 10% EM base.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY

"Vendors" are trying to make a profit. They want to make all they can, most of them. They might tell you to vape 10 mills a day of their juice.......

Tasting is how you determine how much to use. The more you use the faster your coils gunk up.

Odysseus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
N Topsail Beach, NC
I'm in the same boat. I like it sweet. I have been using sucralose (ez sweets yellow cap) at 1 drop per 3 ml. Although it makes my juice sweet enough for me, reading about the chemistry and possible ill effects of sucralose made me reconsider using it.

Ethyl maltol is unlikely to do it for you. Some of us, including myself, just don't register it as sweet. I'm betting you are like me in that regard. But, it's cheap and worth a try. There is an alcohol free liquid stevia available. The grocery store powder contains binders and may not vape as well. There is also erythritol and xylitol.

Of all these, stevia seems to be the safest and sucralose by far the unhealthiest. Try to avoid supermarket versions of any artificial sweetener. You should be able to find them all at heath food stores or Amazon.

I have them all but haven't done enough experimentation yet. You may find the best results from a combination, however, I don't think you will ever find that honey smooth experience you are looking for without major clogging problems. If you do please message me. I currently have about 150 ml of juice made with sucralose that I can't get myself to dump. After that is gone, so is ez sweetz. You may want to do some health related research regarding sucralose so you can make well informed choices about long term use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread