Making progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I cant describe my excitement overall with vaping! I have gone from 24mg to 6mg of nicotine in less than a couple months of vaping. My friend who rarely vapes had some 36mg menthol juice that I tried the other night after a few beers, and needless to say it made me feel so nauseous and I had a light headache for a few minutes. cant believe I used to vape 24!! any tips on converting my friends? most still smoke and I only have converted one or two. a lot seem to like vaping when they use my stuff but they don't want to make the switch. I just wish they could see all the benefits

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
My friend got me by giving me my first set up for free if I would give it a shot. That was Friday December 27th, I was done smoking by the 31st.

I have given equipment and juice to several friends. (Sometimes stuff I no longer use, and sometimes where I specifically take them to the vape shop and buy them their own, new setup.) I've only given stuff to people who I knew well, and who knew how happy I was with vaping, and who told me that they wanted to see if they could quit smoking.

And it's never, ever worked. When I gave them free stuff, they've never quit.

I have several other friends who bought their own equipment. Those tend to run about 50%. (ie, half of them quit smoking, and half continue smoking or quit briefly then go back to it.)

I think that the ones who are really interested in quitting will come up with the money themselves, and the ones that aren't interested enough to come up with some money aren't really going to quit no matter what you do. I won't give them a free setup anymore. I'll give them advice, I'll let them "try out" some of my stuff, etc. But if they want to really get started vaping, they have to put in some of their own cash. I'm not wasting my cash anymore.

If someone did convince me that they really wanted to try it, I might consider a loan, and tell them "If you go for more than 3 days without using it, I get it all back" or something similar. I don't mind helping if they really use it, but of all the stuff I've given away, I don't think any of it is in use, and nobody has ever given me anything back.

Papadragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Omaha Nebraska
I'm at 5 now converted !! I just gave them stuff . Mods, juice, battery's chargers ,attys i even rebuild there attys for them . and when they got there own stuff I was like so you guna give me my stuff back !! Have a buddy never gave it back but he only has that mod and a ego for back up .. 4 of them are at my job well we have a 45 year smoker asking about ecigs . So I said guys we need to help him bring your extra stuff in . Well the next day he picked between 4 mods he has a 2 bay charger 6 batters 2 tanks 2 drippers 2 back up egos ! And 100 ml of 10 diff flavors think we got him covered ?? And that's how it's done help !! make a community not just on ecf or other forums ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread