Making the Blotto less restrictive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu Dowling

Nov 17, 2018
This is for anyone who wants to open up the airflow on their Blotto.

Initially my intentions were to drill out the holes in the two side airflow chutes on the deck, but it turns out the metal is so thin and soft that when I started drilling - I realized I could just punch the metal out completely. This was actually better.

You have to remove the 510 pin and take the positive block out so you can remove the insulator.

I don't know what size bit I used but anything larger than the holes themselves will work. I drilled in the middle starting at the top and worked my way down, using a pair of snips to clean up the edges. Now the chutes basically have open rectangles (see blurry photo lol).

I wanted to hit the holes on the bottom of the deck but hearing stories about the piece that the 510 pin threads into breaking off, I left the bottom of the deck alone. I don't know if they fixed this issue but don't overtighten the 510 pin when reinstalling.

It's still a tad bit more restrictive than I would normally like, but it does have a more airy draw. I would like to remove the AFC ring bit I was unable to. I don't know if it is even removable. I suppose you could drill out the holes in the AFC ring but that would definitely be more noticable.

Sorry the photo is blurry but you can see there are no more holes in the side airchutes.
2020-08-31_23-53-10_404a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread