Making the switch to RBA need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklinrw

Feb 13, 2015
Honduras
Hey guys I am sure this topic has been kicked to death, but my situation is a bit more dificult. So besides not knowing what is best to make the switch from comercial coils to rebuildables, rda, RTA or RDTA is the limited options in my country. So in short these are my options.

Wasp Nano RTA, Wasp Nano S RDA, Voopoo Pericles RDA, Requiem RDA, Zeus X(I think it's RTA), Bonza RDA, wismec Inde Duo RDA, Moonshot RTA.
That's about it.

The mods I own are a Smoke Mag grip 100W and a vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W.
So what ever I buy must be able to work on those two mods.

Thank you community for your much appreciated help.

Regards,

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys I am sure this topic has been kicked to death, but my situation is a bit more dificult. So besides not knowing what is best to make the switch from comercial coils to rebuildables, RDA, RTA or RDTA is the limited options in my country. So in short these are my options.

Wasp Nano RTA, Wasp Nano S RDA, Voopoo Pericles RDA, Requiem RDA, Zeus X(I think it's RTA), Bonza RDA, wismec Inde Duo RDA, Moonshot RTA.
That's about it.

The mods I own are a Smoke Mag grip 100W and a Vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W.

Regards,
Any tank w/ a 510 connection will work on any mod w/ a 510 connection (generally). That shouldn't be a concern.

For which one(s) to get, suggest looking at reviews & build tutorials on YouTube. Such as:

et al

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys I am sure this topic has been kicked to death, but my situation is a bit more dificult. So besides not knowing what is best to make the switch from comercial coils to rebuildables, RDA, RTA or RDTA is the limited options in my country. So in short these are my options.

That's about it.

The mods I own are a Smoke Mag grip 100W and a Vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W.

Regards,
Hi,
If you buy an RTA/RDTA, can you get replacement glass for it?
Are you limited on the wire you can get?
Are you a big air DTL vaper or a cigarette like MTL vaper?
How often do you vape? How many ml per day?

Welcome back.
Cheers
I

Franklinrw

Feb 13, 2015
Honduras
Hi,
If you buy an RTA/RDTA, can you get replacement glass for it?
Are you limited on the wire you can get?
Are you a big air DTL vaper or a cigarette like MTL vaper?
How often do you vape? How many ml per day?

Welcome back.
Cheers
I

Hello and thank you for your reply. Yes I can get spares for the models I mentioned, and there are pre made coils available as well as wire.
I like a Direct mouth to lung or a restricted mouth to lung, not a MTL fan.
I have seen all the reviews on youtube, none recommend which is better for someone making the switch , that is reason why I am here. There are no RDTAS available in the country right now, only RTAs and RDAs. I like the Wasp Nano RTA from what I've seen on youtube, but everyone talks about the plastic cap threads and how they may break etc, the spare caps are not available here. But I have not seen anyone complaining about the cap in any recent videos, every reviewer two years ago said they thought it would be a problem, but then none confirmed if it broke or not.

Reactions: Izan

Franklinrw

Feb 13, 2015
Honduras
Hello and thank you for your reply. Yes I can get spares for the models I mentioned, and there are pre made coils available as well as wire.
I like a Direct mouth to lung or a restricted mouth to lung, not a MTL fan.
I have seen all the reviews on youtube, none recommend which is better for someone making the switch , that is reason why I am here. There are no RDTAS available in the country right now, only RTAs and RDAs. I like the Wasp Nano RTA from what I've seen on youtube, but everyone talks about the plastic cap threads and how they may break etc, the spare caps are not available here. But I have not seen anyone complaining about the cap in any recent videos, every reviewer two years ago said they thought it would be a problem, but then none confirmed if it broke or not.
Sorry, I say I vape 15 ML a day.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Before you can make a decision, you first have to decide if you want a tank (RTA) or a Dripper (RDA).

If you use an RDA, because you do not have a bottom feeder mod, then you will have to make sure the RDA comes with a solid positive pin and you will constantly have to drip juice into the RDA in order to vape. That's called dripping which is why they are called RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer)

If you do not want to drip then you have to go with an RTA, so your list now becomes...
    The Moonshot is from 2016 so glass might be a problem to find. That leaves you with...
    Both will be good for DL vaping, but if you want to use mesh coil then you have to go with Zeus X. See links above for pictures and specifications of each. The Wasp Nano holds less juice.

Keep in mind that when using RTAs, you will have to practice with your wicking. Improper wicking leads to dry/burnt hits or flooding/leaking. So it may take you some time to learn. But in the end it is the cheaper way to vape over always buying factory coils.

EDIT: I did not realize there were 2 different Zeus X RTA. One is for mesh one is not. The one available to you might not be the mesh version. You will have to check.

Last edited:

Franklinrw

Feb 13, 2015
    Honduras
    Before you can make a decision, you first have to decide if you want a tank (RTA) or a Dripper (RDA).

If you use an RDA, because you do not have a bottom feeder mod, then you will have to make sure the RDA comes with a solid positive pin and you will constantly have to drip juice into the RDA in order to vape. That's called dripping which is why they are called RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer)

If you do not want to drip then you have to go with an RTA, so your list now becomes...
    The Moonshot is from 2016 so glass might be a problem to find. That leaves you with...
    Both will be good for DL vaping, but if you want to use mesh coil then you have to go with Zeus X. See links above for pictures and specifications of each. The Wasp Nano holds less juice.

Keep in mind that when using RTAs, you will have to practice with your wicking. Improper wicking leads to dry/burnt hits or flooding/leaking. So it may take you some time to learn. But in the end it is the cheaper way to vape over always buying factory coils.

Thank you, yes that is the kind of advice I was hoping for. What is better for someone who will be building for the first time, RDA, RTA, single coil, double coil, pros cons etc.
    I think you are right regarding RTAs, I don't have a squonk mod, and even though I may like dripping I may not be able to do so always, from what I researched a single coil may be better for battery life but looses flavor, I am not into huge clouds, y like to enjoy the flavor, maybe RTAs are way better than comercial coils and I will be more than satisfied.
    Never done coil building so a Mesh RTA I have no idea if it's worth it. I like the Nano RTA but the plastic cap threads are my fear, the Zeus X I may need to look more deeply into and see if it is good enough, I have read in this forum there is a flavor issue with it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have read in this forum there is a flavor issue with it.

You will find all kinds of opinions and bad reviews on the internet. Fact is, you can look up just about any RTA here and elsewhere and you will find there are people who say flavor is muted while others say flavor is spectacular. It all comes down to your build. This is why you can only get so much useful information on the internet. In the end, you have to buy one and see for yourself.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Rdas are the most easy to build... but ofc keep in mind you must always drip every few puffs...just think about if it matches your lifestyle...

Rtas may need a little more time to learn to build them perfectly but the Zeus x in my opinion is very easy and good choice for a new vaper in building...

I don't know if u can get the mesh version or the coil version but I know that both are good and if u are a little good with your hands u wont have problems..

The difference in my opinion is that the mesh version produce different vapor...it's just cooler vapor but the flavour is great.... This mesh can work in my opinion from 40watts up to 70watts depending how open airflow u gonna use it and how airy and cloudy your vape u like to be...

The coil version with the right build can work at low wattages even with double coil from like 50watts with good flavour and ofc up to any watts if u want to go crazy...
    I always use double coil tho even if I want to use it at lower watts I just use 2 smaller coils cause the single don't work that great in my opinion in the zeus x cause of the placement of the coil in the middle...

The mods u have are single battery mods so u can't go very high on wattages and u don't really need to anyways to get good flavour....

U can get great flavour no matter if it's single coil or double coil atomizer or even mtl....almost all attys can produce good flavour as long as u build them correctly so u don't need to worry for that...
    It's just that usually double coil attys have bigger space inside so they work better with 2 coils cause there is better air to vapor ratio...

Franklinrw

Feb 13, 2015
    Honduras
    Thanks
    Rdas are the most easy to build... but ofc keep in mind you must always drip every few puffs...just think about if it matches your lifestyle...

Rtas may need a little more time to learn to build them perfectly but the Zeus x in my opinion is very easy and good choice for a new vaper in building...

I don't know if u can get the mesh version or the coil version but I know that both are good and if u are a little good with your hands u wont have problems..

The difference in my opinion is that the mesh version produce different vapor...it's just cooler vapor but the flavour is great.... This mesh can work in my opinion from 40watts up to 70watts depending how open airflow u gonna use it and how airy and cloudy your vape u like to be...

The coil version with the right build can work at low wattages even with double coil from like 50watts with good flavour and ofc up to any watts if u want to go crazy...
    I always use double coil tho even if I want to use it at lower watts I just use 2 smaller coils cause the single don't work that great in my opinion in the zeus x cause of the placement of the coil in the middle...

The mods u have are single battery mods so u can't go very high on wattages and u don't really need to anyways to get good flavour....

U can get great flavour no matter if it's single coil or double coil atomizer or even mtl....almost all attys can produce good flavour as long as u build them correctly so u don't need to worry for that...
    It's just that usually double coil attys have bigger space inside so they work better with 2 coils cause there is better air to vapor ratio...
    Thanks for the info, I think the Zeus is coil version.

Reactions: Superuser187
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread