Mako%20V2.JPG

MAKO V2 ADJUSTABLE SWITCH:

Mako%20V2%20Switch.JPG

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
What's kind of a bummer is that I won a megalodon months and months ago. In the meantime I haven't ordered from them thinking that anyday now I'll get to try the megalodon. I know all about the problems and It's cool, stuff happens. I'm sure after I get one I'll order some stuff. But I can't see ordering anything until I get to check out the megalodon.

Peace and Happy vaping.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
waiting....

Hey Interstink! Should have these up on our website v.soon now. Jason @ Electronicstix will have these up by next week if you're in the USA... :)

whats the difference between the mako v1 and v2? do you still have to use the o-rings with the v2?

Hello Sprak! No o-rings with V2 its all in the switch now.... you can use the same sleeves however but the headcap/switch have had a slight redesign in order to allow for the adjustments without o-rings. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
waiting....

whats the difference between the mako v1 and v2? do you still have to use the o-rings with the v2?

Really like the design! Sexy

Thanks ECB - the new design is similar to the old but the addition of an adjustable switch to take out any discrepancies in battery lengths, the associated adjustable throw on the switch and the distinct lack of o-rings are indeed welcome practical improvements upon the original. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
What's kind of a bummer is that I won a megalodon months and months ago. In the meantime I haven't ordered from them thinking that anyday now I'll get to try the megalodon. I know all about the problems and It's cool, stuff happens. I'm sure after I get one I'll order some stuff. But I can't see ordering anything until I get to check out the megalodon.

Peace and Happy vaping.

Hey Brad - as I said in a previous post I'm sorry for the delays with getting you your prize Don but evolving a design to clear out the glitches has taken its time unfortunately..... we've also had our fair share of manufacturing glitches this time round which have caused further delays as Jason will vouch for. :)

Anyhow the good news is your Don is fairly well ready to jet off to you now (should ship next week) so please email us (admin@smokejuice.co.uk) your address so we can get this baby sent out to you without further delay.

Best wishes and seasons greetings!

Tim:)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Hey Brad - as I said in a previous post I'm sorry for the delays with getting you your prize Don but evolving a design to clear out the glitches has taken its time unfortunately..... we've also had our fair share of manufacturing glitches this time round which have caused further delays as Jason will vouch for. :)

Anyhow the good news is your Don is fairly well ready to jet off to you now (should ship next week) so please email us (admin@smokejuice.co.uk) your address so we can get this baby sent out to you without further delay.

Best wishes and seasons greetings!

Tim:)

Like I said no big deal and I know how stuff happens.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
It's been a good 24 hours with the new Mako v2. It's great to again have this classy mod in my vaping arsenal. The new button does offer great control for variations with battery lengths. I still had to use spacers for the Highdrain (very short) 14500's I have, but all other batteries fit without a hitch!

Maybe the resistance of the Mako, yet again the Mako seems to perform better then any other 14500 device mod (ie. BB).

1801804d-9515-4f52.jpg

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
It's been a good 24 hours with the new Mako v2. It's great to again have this classy mod in my vaping arsenal. The new button does offer great control for variations with battery lengths. I still had to use spacers for the Highdrain (very short) 14500's I have, but all other batteries fit without a hitch!

Maybe the resistance of the Mako, yet again the Mako seems to perform better then any other 14500 device mod (ie. BB).

1801804d-9515-4f52.jpg

Hi Interstink -

Which brand of high drain 14500 do you have and do you know the length in mm?

I would have thought they should fit okay as we tested the V2 with our own high drain 14500's - I'll double check later and let you know. ;-)

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
Hi Interstink -

Which brand of high drain 14500 do you have and do you know the length in mm?

I would have thought they should fit okay as we tested the V2 with our own high drain 14500's - I'll double check later and let you know. ;-)

BDL IMR14500's
Length: 47mm

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
BDL IMR14500's
Length: 47mm

Hi Interstink,

Those are exactly the same high drain 14500 batteries I have tested with the Mako Midi and they work fine.... you just have to use the adjuster and screw it in until the switch starts making contact.

Just to double check I've just tested again to make sure and it works fine.

Hope that helps!

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
Hi Interstink,

Those are exactly the same high drain 14500 batteries I have tested with the Mako Midi and they work fine.... you just have to use the adjuster and screw it in until the switch starts making contact.

Just to double check I've just tested again to make sure and it works fine.

Hope that helps!

I have tried and"bottomed" out the screw. So I decided to try again. And sure enough, bottomed out that screw once again and it vaped. I wonder if the end cap(s) were on all the way or something. Its at the end of the adjustability but works!

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I have tried and"bottomed" out the screw. So I decided to try again. And sure enough, bottomed out that screw once again and it vaped. I wonder if the end cap(s) were on all the way or something. Its at the end of the adjustability but works!

Good to hear Interstink! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread