The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mako O-ring size?

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by sprakkattak, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    What is the size of the o-ring that can fit the Mako?

2. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    Some have recommended to unscrew either the atomizer or the adapter slightly so it would not accidentally fire the atty when fitting the atomizer cap. In my experience, the atomizer wiggles when doing this.

I have found a better alternative, which is to unscrew the atomizer endcap slightly. You will see a tiny gap, maybe a half-millimeter, between the o-ring and the sleeve. This would suffice for now until I find a thicker o-ring.

3. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Sprakkattak - :)

The current o-ring size is 1.5mm thick, 15.5 I/D 18.5 O/D.

We should be getting some thicker ones, but I just need to check first which would be the best to get all round.

I think probably some that are between 2-3mm thick would do.

Which batteries are you using and what is the distance that you are having to unscrew the adapter?

4. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    Hi Tim, Here's a quick one. Its 2mm between the atomizer cap and the sleeve and 1.5mm between the bottom cap and sleeve. The gap is about 1mm when pressing the bottom cap to fire up the atty. I have tested this using 901 atomizer, mako maksi and with the supplied 5v battery. So I would need 2mm and 1.5mm o-rings with this setup.

Will send a few more later with other combinations such as the minno and 510 atty.

5. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    In which case, if you got a pair of o-rings each 2mm thick, you would be fine and have .5mm gap for the button which would be pretty good.

So you want 2 o-rings, 2mm thick, 15mm I/D, 19mm O/D. ;)

We should be getting a selection of different thickness o-rings next week probably 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm.

6. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    Thats correct! :)

7. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Sprakkattak,

Please send me an email: admin@smokejuice.co.uk and as soon as we get some of the 2mm o-rings in I'll send you some. :)

8. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    Liberty Flights 901 Atty (SLB)
    Mako Maksi / supplied 5v battery

2.0mm - between atomizer cap and sleeve
    1.5mm - between button cap and sleeve
    1.0mm - gap when button is depressed

Liberty Flights 901 Atty (SLB)
    Mako Minno / supplied 3.7v battery

TECC Titan 510 Atty

Another TECC Titan 510 Atty*

1.5mm - between atomizer cap and sleeve
    1.25mm (approx.) - gap when button is depressed

TECC Titan 510 Atty

Another TECC Titan 510 Atty**

1.5mm - between atomizer cap and sleeve
    between 1.25mm and 1.5mm - gap when button is depressed

* seems fine with a pair of 1.5mm o-rings but has a very short throw on the button. it will not fire up the atty when locked.
    ** can use a pair of 1.5mm o-rings but has a very short throw and can still fire up the atty even when its locked.

As you can see, my 2nd test (different combinations) yields almost the same results with my first one (901/maksi/5v), with the exception of 2 510 attys. My 2 510 attys were from the same supplier (TECC) but has different outcome. Please note that I used freshly charged batteries on this test and attys fitted were tight but not too tight.

9. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

That's interesting Sprakkattak - thanks for taking the time to list these. :)

You'll probably find that if you look at the connector pins on the two 510 atomisers that one connector may be recessed more than the other. This would occur from overtightening the atomiser or just naturally over time. This would affect the distances you note accordingly.

10. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
  11. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    **deleted** double post

12. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    [​IMG]

i just wasted my money on the above o-ring kit. only 1 can fit in the mako but its the same 1.5mm and not the 2 or 2.5mm im looking for. the i/d is a bit smaller too. :(

13. Pheary

Pheary Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Great Britain
    sprakkattak I got mine in the local BandQ, in the err taps and pipes section heh. It was just a little plastic packet with about 10 o-rings in of all different sizes and thickness, all of them fit though. I cannot find what I bought on the website, but they should be easy to find instore.

14. karenrcg

karenrcg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2008
    Derbyshire, UK
    I've used a couple of the tiny hair braiding bands around mine, they work well until I get around to get another o ring. I guess a good old elastic band would work too.

15. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    We have just added a few spares to the Mako page (springs, standard o-rings, 5V batteries, custom charger).

We will also be getting some different sized o-rings in stock next week. These should be some larger ones to work with the protected CR2's on midi.... ;)

We'll have the protected CR2's for the midi also in stock (mod shop) next week... :)

16. sprakkattak

sprakkattak Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    UK
    Hey Tim! I never expected some freebies to come with my items. You still remember my name/account. Its what I needed. Thanks a million!

Now that is excellent customer service! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.