• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Malaysian, you need to gather more members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I know I not in the right position to say this but I believe you all want to make this forum more
Lively for chatting etc.
Below are things I think needed to be done.

Those lower than 100 post can help post in new member forums to gather malaysian to look in this forum. Post Malaysian vaping on the streets!

True that currently unable to create the social group but still you all can help to make the forum more lively.

Post out of ECF and have your signature to Be asking them to join ECF forum.

I hope this help.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
I've noticed that there are a lot of Malaysians just drifting around without any input, nor are they asking any questions. I believe some of these are experience e-cig users and they keep quiet. Others may be new users that have not asked anything of the veterans....just ghost around.

Yes, it's time for veterans to help the newbies....offer advice, suggest local sources of equipment or accessories, help fix problems the newbies are facing....etc.

Newbies should also understand that there's lots of Malaysians out there willing to help....with locally relevant information.

Although the rest of ECF is great in terms of helping solve a lot of problems or suggest solutions...there are a lot of other uniquely Malaysian issues that we Malaysians can help solve.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Yes, so long you have the determination to start this, it will
Be a success one. Trust me. A year ago I don't even know I will create a sub forum and to gather the scatter Singaporean. We have to make it a stand that we are Vapers converted from Smokers. We can't hide the fact that
It have/had benefits each of us here and there.
Since we are neighbor country, we should and help each other on this. As I believe there are malaysian maybe vaping in singapore as well. They can post in my forum and Singaporean can also post in malysian forum to discuss about anything from purchasing to usage etc.
Agree with me?
I've noticed that there are a lot of Malaysians just drifting around without any input, nor are they asking any questions. I believe some of these are experience e-cig users and they keep quiet. Others may be new users that have not asked anything of the veterans....just ghost around.

Yes, it's time for veterans to help the newbies....offer advice, suggest local sources of equipment or accessories, help fix problems the newbies are facing....etc.

Newbies should also understand that there's lots of Malaysians out there willing to help....with locally relevant information.

Although the rest of ECF is great in terms of helping solve a lot of problems or suggest solutions...there are a lot of other uniquely Malaysian issues that we Malaysians can help solve.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Why so Worry? Government Don't worry how many people die from Smoking, You worry they don't have income?
I'm afraid that if this whole e-cig thingy is heavily heralded, then the government might do the thing that we all are very scared of, which is banning e-cigs! Now you see e-cigs have become the bane for their income.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
If i will to say again, I think we Vape Happily as long as we want as i still believe is much much more healthier is anyway to me and the environmental and the loves one around you and me.

Coming to think again, Tobacco should be ban in the first place.
Why so Worry? Government Don't worry how many people die from Smoking, You worry they don't have income?

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
If i will to say again, I think we Vape Happily as long as we want as i still believe is much much more healthier is anyway to me and the environmental and the loves one around you and me.

Coming to think again, Tobacco should be ban in the first place.

Malaysia can be funny sometimes. Sometimes, they do something, then they flip back to original condition, then they flip-flop here and there. It could be possible that they may decide one of these days to ban e-cigs, or eliquid. If they do, it would mean we are breaking the law, while cigarette smokers who are killing themselves a lot faster are not breaking any law, as long as they smoke in places that allow smoking.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense. Yes, the world health organization does not consider e-cigs as a nicotine replacement therapy. Yes, according to the Malaysian government, e-liquid has not been fully tested and found safe. Supposedly, users of e-liquid may overdose on nicotine, or the nicotine intake may be harmful (stupidest statement I've ever heard).

The big question is........IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN TOBACCO CIGARETTES?.........

Alvin Lim

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
actually, real matter is who's selling it, not whether the product/serivce is good or bad.

it's not only e-cig, same goes to other business....

If gamble is illegal....why those big players (you know it) can operate widely, openly...why not other business people?

As i said previously, if e-cig becomes popular here, some big players will be legal to sell, not other business people.

Last edited:

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Is the same anwser here in Singapore. I think government flip flop here and there and still think their ... is clean. They worried teenage will pick up smoking and people will overdose from nicotine content. So tell them, do they care how much pack of tobacco a teens smoke per day? They don't even bother. Do they put into consideration of how many people die from smoking everyday? It is not because they getting old and due to smoking and just die. It is because government allow tobacco sales.
Malaysia can be funny sometimes. Sometimes, they do something, then they flip back to original condition, then they flip-flop here and there. It could be possible that they may decide one of these days to ban e-cigs, or eliquid. If they do, it would mean we are breaking the law, while cigarette smokers who are killing themselves a lot faster are not breaking any law, as long as they smoke in places that allow smoking.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense. Yes, the world health organization does not consider e-cigs as a nicotine replacement therapy. Yes, according to the Malaysian government, e-liquid has not been fully tested and found safe. Supposedly, users of e-liquid may overdose on nicotine, or the nicotine intake may be harmful (stupidest statement I've ever heard).

The big question is........IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN TOBACCO CIGARETTES?.........

suimasu

May 3, 2011
KL, Malaysia
Taxing anything e-cig related ! .. should have asked his source...I would like to read up on it or something.

Anyway .. regarding getting more members, its hard to come by. As for me..if I wasn't looking for a better PV, I wouldn't have found this forum and read up on so many different types available in the market. But hey...if you are organizing a gathering or just a simple get together, I will try my best to join :D

Last edited:

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
It is certainly possible for any customs department across the world to tax everything e-cig related. That is mostly due to e-cigs and related items being in a grey area in terms of what category of item it is listed in the HS codes. Each HS code applies for a particular product category, with it's tax and duty rates already determined.

When there's a product that's not clearly listed, the customs officials can put it under any category they want that sort of fits the item, which can be several categories. Some categories may have zero taxes, others very high taxes. If the customs official decides to list your e-cig equipment under an HS category that has high taxes, for example, tobacco products, you can't do anything about it. Nobody wants to argue with the customs offical and have him confiscate your shipment just to spite you.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I agreed.
But i think for now, Orders in Malaysia still ok, You can just treat some Coffee to the Officer in the Post Office and they will say Thanks and have a nice day to you to ask you bring back the Parcel. LOL.

It is certainly possible for any customs department across the world to tax everything e-cig related. That is mostly due to e-cigs and related items being in a grey area in terms of what category of item it is listed in the HS codes. Each HS code applies for a particular product category, with it's tax and duty rates already determined.

When there's a product that's not clearly listed, the customs officials can put it under any category they want that sort of fits the item, which can be several categories. Some categories may have zero taxes, others very high taxes. If the customs official decides to list your e-cig equipment under an HS category that has high taxes, for example, tobacco products, you can't do anything about it. Nobody wants to argue with the customs offical and have him confiscate your shipment just to spite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread