Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
2019-03-03 (4).png

Good Evening Vapors,
Tonight I am reviewing the Manto X kit by Rinco.
This product was sent directly from Rinco for this review, the majority of the products I receive get forwarded to those who need them.

In the world of Mesh kits comes another which by looks may seem the same but does hold some surprises.

The current colors available are Red, Blue, Black, and Grey

In the Kit:
1 x Manto X 228 mod
1 x Metis X tank(Single Mesh 0.15 coil installed)
4 x Replacement Orings
1 x USB Cable
2 x User Manuals
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Certificate
20181219_002208.jpg

The tank, The Metis Mix Mesh tank boasts a 21mm by 2 mm bottom adjustable airflow which which has an internal stopper, measures out at 41.3mm by 25mm with a 6ml glass section. The coil that came with the tank in a Single Mesh Kanthal coil 0.15ohm with a recommended wattage of 40-70 watts, which stands up to the performance of the Freemax Single M Pro coil. And yes, this is the only tank that I have come across that is cross compatible with all the Freemax M Pro coils. For those that have had issues with the Freemax M Pro sliding topfil opening too easily, the Metis Mix tank uses a screw on topfil which would be a good alternative.
There are 3 other coils available for the Metis Mix tank, a Dual Mesh Kanthal 0.2ohm rated between 60-90 watts, a Triple Mesh Kanthal 0.15ohm rated between 80-100 watts, and a Q4 Quad Mesh Kanthal rated between 130-180 watts. The Kit that I received only came with the Single Mesh Kanthal coil. The recommended wattage ratings are only what the manufacturer state but I would always rely on what the User perfers.
The vapor and flavor production from the Single Mesh coil was almost identical to the Mesh Pro from Freemax, running the coil around 54 watts I found the longevity to be almost identical also, a couple days less at 12 days. The bottom airflow is very airy so if you want more flavor I suggest closing it off a bit. The Metis comes with a marbled 810 drip tip but the kit does not come with a 510 adapter. I didn't experience any leaks from the tank from the 2 months of use. Overall a very sold tank.
20181219_002229.jpg

The Manto X 228:
20190218_024421-COLLAGE (1).jpg

20190303_181003.jpg

The Manto X looks almost identical to the Smoant Battlestar and Wismec RX2/3 with a few differences. Measuring in at 75mm by 40mm by 37mm it is a small mod that holds dual 18650 batteries. The zinc/ stoving varnish finish combined with the average weight makes the Manto X one of the smallest dual battery devices. You may be able to place a 30mm tank/RDA on top but it would be iffy on the overhang. The Fire and Up/Down buttons are very responsive with no rattles. When cycling through the wattage it rounds robin very quickly. The Manto does have dual device venting to the right and left of the Fire button.
The device is capable of 2 amp charging via the USB port located below the Up/Down buttons but I did not try this feature since I always use an External charger which I find to be a safer option.
The Manto X comes with your Variable Wattage, Bypass, TCR, and 3 Temperature Control settings, SS, NI, and TI. I did run the Manto X in TCR using 0.00092 and it seemed to work rather well but pushing it to 0.00135 worked even better. In SS mode running 60w @455 I found the device to work surprisingly well, even in Bypass the 0.46 dual build fired immediately. The manual states that in TCR and TC modes that by pressing the Up/Down buttons simultaneously that you can lock in the resistance, I didn't see the Ohm symbol lock but only the Up/Down buttons lock. I found the overall performance of the Manto X is above par with devices in the similar dual battery category, which nowadays is a flooded category. The paint on the device has held up very well with only a couple minor scratches that I accidentally made myself. The battery door does have the little loseness for the design but once you put both batteries in the door does not want to budge. The inside of the battery sled does come with a white + and - indicators to ensure you know which batter goes in which way.

If you are looking for a device that is a small dual 18650 with above average TC, build quality, and especially for the Freemax M Pro users who want a screw on topfil vs the sliding topfil so you can utilize the M Pro coils then I would suggest looking into the Manto X or even just purchasing the Metis Mix tank.

Thank you for taking the time this evening to read this review and remember to

Vape Safe before you Vape Happy,

TonEeN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread