manual volt vs automatic volt...DING DING

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtr720

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
Kansas city mo
iv yet to order my kit from smokeless image and was wondering a few thing concerning auto vs manual for the volt. first off i noticed that most ppl here recommend manuals over auto so i was planning on going with a manual but i didnt want to get a 78mm battery because it wont work with the volts pcc. atleast thats what iv heard. they only sell manuals in their extra long battery which to me kinda sucks. so i guess my question is: is there really that big of a difference in throat hit in the manuals cause if their is i might just get the xl manuals and say screw the pcc

what do u guys think

thankyyy:p

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I have the 78mm and they fit fine in the slider PCC. I also use their autos. As long as I use their cartos with their juice no primer puffs necessary and they're is plenty of throat hit for me. The new autos are sealed autos and juice resistant.
Smokless Image is comming out with a new PCC that's supposed to have a huge changeable battery but I haven't seen it yet. I think you could also order with one auto and one manual. I've been using Volts for a few months now and parked my other PVs for the most part. Great cs and quality for my money. You might want to look their thread up. Lots of helpful folks there.http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...okelessimage-com-thread-1334.html#post4712929

iv yet to order my kit from smokeless image and was wondering a few thing concerning auto vs manual for the volt. first off i noticed that most ppl here recommend manuals over auto so i was planning on going with a manual but i didnt want to get a 78mm battery because it wont work with the volts pcc. atleast thats what iv heard. they only sell manuals in their extra long battery which to me kinda sucks. so i guess my question is: is there really that big of a difference in throat hit in the manuals cause if their is i might just get the xl manuals and say screw the pcc

what do u guys think

thankyyy:p

Last edited:

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
Smokeless Image does offer sealed automatics and I had a major juice leak into one and it survived beautifully. I also never noticed needing a primer puff with the volts as I have with some other 808 autos. I unfortunately don't own a pcc or a volt manual so I can't really help with the OP's question on those. I own other manual 808's and I still prefer volt autos in terms of performance. IMO, the biggest factors in TH on an 808 battery is nicotine strength and a higher PG ratio.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I've got VOLTS in 65mm and 78mm. All of my VOLTS are automatic, except that I wanted to try one of their manuals. So, I got a 78mm manual. It's my least favorite of the VOLT batteries that I own. It turns out that I "resent" having to press a button to get a hit! :laugh: )I'd go with 78mm autos. If you can hang on a couple of weeks for a new PCC, they're supposed to release a new one that will not only charge the 78's but will charge more of them. (I don't have/use a PCC yet.)

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
it's just personal opinion on battery style. some like auto, some like manual. the big drawback for auto's is the fact they'll short out if you drip on them. that being said there's the new sealed volt which counter-acts that.

i liked auto's only for the longest time, and i still personally believe i get better throat hit from an auto which goes against the grain for most people here.

like i said it's just personal opinion. get one of each and make your own mind up.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
I have 1 auto and 1 manaul, the auto for work and works well if you have to wear gloves in the winter like I do. I also like auto's for just sitting around the house. I have 1 manual when I'm drinking to get more of a hit and I am more satisfied, even if you dont drink some days you will want to control your hit on a manual instead of just dealing with an auto, one of each works great for me. My manual is 78mm and my auto is 65mm, works great, their pcc is cheap but you can find a more durable one elsewhere. just my .02 cents

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
There are a few main reasons to go with manual batteries - protection against juice leakage, avoiding the need for a primer puff and making the draw easier. The new Volt batteries seem to overcome all three of these. The size and ease of use of the Volts make them great ecigs to have hanging out of your mouth when you need your hands free. I agree with what others have said; there really isn't much need to go with manual batts on the Volt.

mikeproctor

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Indianapolis
I also think all the recommendations for manual batteries are based on the old autos that didn't work very well. The newer 808 stuff from Smokeless Image, Bloog, halo, etc all work great. I now always recommend the volt autos for people that want to try vaping. It's closer to the analog experience than having to press a button to get a drag.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
They sell tons of manuals in 78mm - just scroll down the list of choices. The manuals are below the autos in the drop down list.

I only use manuals. I bought one leak-resistant auto to try and for me the hit just sucked compared to manual. I had to keep taking 2 drags into my mouth them inhale to equal the hit/vapor of one manual drag. The Volts have a fairly short 5 second cutoff (all do all KR808D-1's I've tried except Vapor4Life which has a custom 10-13 second cutoff on many of their batteries). So with Volt I try to remember to only press 1 second before I start my drag instead of 2 seconds early so I have enough time for my drag.

And BTW on the manual you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juice (drip tip not recommended on autos but you could use cartridges)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
BTW they have 2 PCC case styles but I don't know what works in each.

And the "sealed" autos are not sealed - if they were sealed then the battery would never fire because the drag switch would not feel your drag. The hole is move to the side of the battery's center post (possibly as 2 holes).

It's true that they have two types but, the standard PCC is the best one they have. The mega sized PCC has a LOT of issues since one problem is that it can barely charge one 65mm battery (takes a WHILE too). It's basically just a good looking case that can hold multiple batteries and cartos.

All of this is well documented in the VOLT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread