guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
i recommend an oil-based paint marker. like this:

Sharpie® | Paint Markers

An extra fine tip if you want to write letters, or you can just make little dots in different colors. but they won't wash away.

p.s. if you want to see something interesting, click the link to "liquid pencil". pretty cool.

WOW TJ! This is BY FAR the best way to mark cartos IMO. Its quick, clean, durable, customizable, and cheap! I went a bought some dots and they were alright, but they kept falling off and they were kind of ugly. Rubber bands should be here soon but I've tried a couple and they are kind of uncomfortable to have. Nothing compares to this method!

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
i recommend an oil-based paint marker. like this:

Sharpie® | Paint Markers

An extra fine tip if you want to write letters, or you can just make little dots in different colors. but they won't wash away.

p.s. if you want to see something interesting, click the link to "liquid pencil". pretty cool.

Are you sure?? I had bought Sharpie Permanent Markers and tried them on both my cartomizers and bottles - and found they would last for a few hours or days - but the e-juice drops eventually won out and the writing would disappear -
so I am reluctant to try the sharpie paint makers - but if you are sure the paint ones last over many days time - it would be great

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
WOW TJ! This is BY FAR the best way to mark cartos IMO. Its quick, clean, durable, customizable, and cheap! I went a bought some dots and they were alright, but they kept falling off and they were kind of ugly. Rubber bands should be here soon but I've tried a couple and they are kind of uncomfortable to have. Nothing compares to this method!

glad to help. i have a knack for providing solutions to unusual circumstances. people that know me frequently say i am "mac gyver-like". i consider it a generous compliment. here's a recent example: a co-worker told me she had a nickel stuck in her car's cigarette lighter socket. the outlet was angled down, and the nickel was standing up flat against the back with no room for tweezers. i used a glue stik to touch it, and pulled it right out in 2 seconds. she went on for about an hour saying "who woulda thought to use that??" lol

Last edited:

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
Are you sure?? I had bought Sharpie Permanent Markers and tried them on both my cartomizers and bottles - and found they would last for a few hours or days - but the e-juice drops eventually won out and the writing would disappear -
so I am reluctant to try the sharpie paint makers - but if you are sure the paint ones last over many days time - it would be great

ink can't hold a candle to oil-based paint. notice the website indicates there are water-based and oil-based paint markers. get the latter.

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
love the labeler.. I have one and I love it ... tape gets pricey after a while so now I only do my bottles but I have been using colored electrical tape ... I cut a little sliver off and the wrap it right above the thread area on the carto (or I guess higher up on a cart) it stays on really well... plus you can use it to secure tops on ejuice if you have to ship it. Electrical tape comes in all sorts of pretty colors too!

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
love the labeler.. I have one and I love it ... tape gets pricey after a while so now I only do my bottles but I have been using colored electrical tape ... I cut a little sliver off and the wrap it right above the thread area on the carto (or I guess higher up on a cart) it stays on really well... plus you can use it to secure tops on ejuice if you have to ship it. Electrical tape comes in all sorts of pretty colors too!

I had to get the labeler. It's so "professional" looking...LOL. I wouldn't be buying myself all these "luxuries" if I were still blowing thousands of dollars a year on cigarettes. Even after all the goodies I've bought myself for vapeware I'm still ahead!

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I use quick-dry sally hansen nailpolish to paint little pictures on my paperless cartos and works good on 510 round carts too. I paint a vanilla flower for van cigar, a blueberry, a strawberry, a cute little turtle, and so on the paint stays on until I boil them to clean and then it just flakes off. Then I start all over again the quick-dry is cured in about 1-2 min. I even decorate sometimes with flowers or little sparkley dots just for entertainment.

MarBro

Sep 23, 2010
East Texas
Myself, I went to an auto-parts store ( Pep Boys I think ) and purchased a few rolls of 1/8" pinstripe tape. It is fairly inexpensive and it is heat resistant. I use a single band for basic flavors and multiple bands for "mixes". It works really well and I haven't had one come loose yet. I use cartos so sometimes they can get a bit warm. They even stay on during cleaning.

Just my $ .02

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread