marrying batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I have recently purchased a couple of parallel dual 18650 regulated mods. I also have an Opus BT-C3100 battery charger which can tell me the internal resistance (IR) of the batteries. Now before anyone tells me I should buy new batteries, please understand that I already have about 20x 18650 batteries. I'd really rather not buy any more batteries at the moment unless I have absolutely have to.

What I'd like to do is find sets of similar IR rated batteries using my charger. Since I will be using them in parallel can anyone give me a good reason why this might be a bad idea?

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Marrying from new is ideal. But as long as they are the same chemistry and spec eg. CDR and mAh and are kept together and chargeed together from that point I don't think it's such a huge deal. As far as I know parallel or series makes no difference.
Perhaps @Mooch can chime in?

Reactions: Waddle

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    For parallel, decently matched capacities and internal resistances is good to have to extend the vaping time you can get from them. This assumes both batteries can otherwise handle the current you'll be drawing from them.

Since they're in parallel they cannot diverge in voltage, like what can happen in series, so marrying is much less important.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    For parallel, decently matched capacities and internal resistances is good to have to extend the vaping time you can get from them. This assumes both batteries can otherwise handle the current you'll be drawing from them.

Since they're in parallel they cannot diverge in voltage, like what can happen in series, so marrying is much less important.

Thanks Mooch! They are in fact all Samsung INR18650 25r batteries. Some of them are a little old but the internal resistances are still quite low due to frequent rotation. Both the mods I bought are only 100w and I won't be running them over 50-60 watts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread