RDA Mason or icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbrjenkins

Jun 6, 2016
So, new to dripping. Have been an rta guy for a while. Recently acquired a limitless rda and it has shelved my rtas. I like clouds and flavor, don't build nothing too exotic, but sure I will one day dive into that. So... as it stands I'm torn between the icon and the mason. Originally fell in love with the icon for the looks and Mikevapes, but the mason keeps coming up when I research a great rda. Looks great as well. Any input? Is the icon really better or is it all hype? Thanks everyone in advance

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So, new to dripping. Have been an rta guy for a while. Recently acquired a limitless rda and it has shelved my rtas. I like clouds and flavor, don't build nothing too exotic, but sure I will one day dive into that. So... as it stands I'm torn between the icon and the mason. Originally fell in love with the icon for the looks and Mikevapes, but the mason keeps coming up when I research a great rda. Looks great as well. Any input? Is the icon really better or is it all hype? Thanks everyone in advance

I can't say anything on the icon but I have the 27mm Mason RDA and I love it. I even got the 30mm dumptank made by Mason. I'm going to end up getting the 40mm Mason RDA here before long. They make a great product. I would say the Mason but it may because I'm a little bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I can't say anything on the icon but I have the 27mm Mason RDA and I love it. I even got the 30mm dumptank made by Mason. I'm going to end up getting the 40mm Mason RDA here before long. They make a great product. I would say the Mason but it may because I'm a little bias.

How do you like the air flow on the Mason? The deck definitely has my interest :)

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
How do you like the air flow on the Mason? The deck definitely has my interest :)

I love the airflow on it. If you have seen reviews on it you will see there is 2 holes on both side so a totally of 4 holes. I usually run mine either wide open or I will run the bottom hole open and the top hole anywhere from 1/2 open to 3/4 way open. It's very good to have that adjustability in the AFC depending on what build you have and if you want clouds or flavor.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
well they're both easy to build on
but if you're only using standard roundwire, i'll go for the mason
build standard 24G or 26G on the icon, sometimes the post screw will spit out your wire, but that easily managed by holding the end of the wire on the other side

on the mason ,seeing the deck, its a standard deck, so its much more friendly to standard roundwire

as for the flavor cant really tell bcause i dont own the mason
but the icon is really really not a bad rda all around
although me myself much prefer the goon and druga better than the icon

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
well they're both easy to build on
but if you're only using standard roundwire, i'll go for the mason
build standard 24G or 26G on the icon, sometimes the post screw will spit out your wire, but that easily managed by holding the end of the wire on the other side

on the mason ,seeing the deck, its a standard deck, so its much more friendly to standard roundwire

as for the flavor cant really tell bcause i dont own the mason
but the icon is really really not a bad rda all around
although me myself much prefer the goon and druga better than the icon
Thanks! I love my Goons. I'm always open to try something different :)

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I just got a Mason Gemini 30mm. It is a Mason with a velocity style deck. Surprising great flavor for such a massive chunk of hardware. Airflow is very adjustable and smooth all things considerd. Love this RDA.

Going to try and make it a bottom feeder on my Drone. Should be pretty simple just need to find a hollow pin that fits.

Reactions: Wheelin247

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I just got a Mason Gemini 30mm. It is a Mason with a velocity style deck. Surprising great flavor for such a massive chunk of hardware. Airflow is very adjustable and smooth all things considerd. Love this RDA.

Going to try and make it a bottom feeder on my Drone. Should be pretty simple just need to find a hollow pin that fits.

Hopefully Vapergate will have a squonk pin available soon. The bf pin from the omni does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread