Massive Voltage Drop On Nemesis Clone.......Need Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
So I've noticed my SS hcigar Nemesis mod hasn't been hitting as hard using my Kayfun+ so I thought to check voltage drop using several different batteries i had on hand. Needless to say I was shocked with the results I got and need help. First using my multimeter I checked each battery individually and under load which gave no change. Next I tested while firing 1.0 ohm Kayfun build touching probes on pos and neg posts. Here's the results I got on 5 different batteries. First # is battery outside, second # Is voltage while firing Kayfun and third is voltage drop.

Sony vtc5 4.05 - 3.6 = .45
Sony vtc5 #2) 4.17 - 3.73 = .44
Purple Efest 18500 4.16 - 3.6 = .56
Red Efest 18350 4.14 - 3.4 = .74
Red No Name battery i never use 18650 4.18 - 3.65 = .53

What gives? I clean my mod weekly so I know it's not the culprit. Can Anyone understand what the problem may be please?

sanctus_fumus

Jan 19, 2014
Southern US
Disassemble the nemesis and it switch. There may be machine oil on it from manufacturing, and normal usage builds up bits of carbon anywhere 2 pieces of metal touch in the current path. I only get about 5 ml through my mechs (copper stingray, ss nemesis, atom mod, sentinel) before the magic 'hot button' issue is noticeable. Also, consider using a conductive grease lightly applied on threads and interface points. It seems to help quite a bit.

It doesn't seem like you've shorted anything. You're just learning the in's and out's of mech mod maintenance.

Last edited:

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
It's never shocked me or anything like that. The tube connecting to the Kayfun may warm up if im chain vaping but that's due to the atomizer getting hot. If it's warm in my hand I tend to pull the battery out to check whether it's warm but it never has been. I never get a hot button when firing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This hasnt been mentioned yet but maybe.......its just a poorly built clone. Get another one from a different manufacturer, i.e Tobeco, and see how that one performs. Is your Kayfun a clone as well? You might just have two pieces that dont play well together..

Kind of a useless post.

Assumption that the mod is junk ..... when HCigar has excellent reviews on the Nemesis and the User has had good luck using this one until now.
Not sure what the implication of a Clone Kayfun is. I have 9, differing makers and all work properly when set up properly.

Op - Nice to see you have a Stingray coming. Great update to the Nemesis.
I would still suggest figuring out your problem so in the future it will not haunt you on other devices.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I understand what your saying and I still can't seem to figure out the issue at hand. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also ordered another Kayfun clone and some new batteries so I'm starting from scratch again but this time I have will have something to compare it to. I never said the Hcigar nemesis was junk and truth be told I have been very happy with it. It was my first ever mechanical mod and I can't tell you how much I've learned since I first started using it. I'm not throwing it in the junk pile and I WILL figure out what the issue is in time. It seems like I learn something new everyday so with more research and hands on use I know the light bulb in my head will turn on and I will finally have an answer/solution. Lol

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Kind of a useless post.

Assumption that the mod is junk ..... when HCigar has excellent reviews on the Nemesis and the User has had good luck using this one until now.
Not sure what the implication of a Clone Kayfun is. I have 9, differing makers and all work properly when set up properly.

Op - Nice to see you have a Stingray coming. Great update to the Nemesis.
I would still suggest figuring out your problem so in the future it will not haunt you on other devices.

I have a copper nemesis clone by Hcigar it is a piece of garbage in my opinion. Unless you are able to compare the voltage drop with an authentic, I guess you will never know.

Could it be at all possible that a mass produced chinese made battery tube with low tolerances could have some voltage drop? Not out of the realm of possibility in my mind.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I'm still running the stock spring actually, I bought magnet upgrade with nemesis purchase but I didn't realize they were fragile as glass and they broke within first week. Some one mentioned the little brass spring on the button where the SS spring goes on top of it but mine never came with this smaller brass spring. I'm not sure if that might be my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread