Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I started with a used maxi, then added a regular one too. Two fisted vaping at it's best! I thought I had a problem with intermittent hitting and got concerned, then I washed out the switch with vodka and good as new. Maybe one day I'll need to replace a switch, and occasionally lube the threads. That's about all the fiddling I foresee, and that's just fine with me. A wonderful tool that simply does it's job.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
I miss mine! My wife stole my Maxi and I haven't seen it since. I guess I'll have to break down and buy another real soon. At least I have my old trusty MidiStack to hold me over until I can replace it.

If I had two one would be in the mail on its way to you now! I don't know what I would do without mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr70ss

Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
Spokane, WA
The original Maxi RS had a VERY rough finish and was slightly taller. It could accommodate two 18350's where as the new V2 cannot and as you mentioned, the threading. Besides that, there's not much difference. The V2 looks way nicer!

i run stacked 18350's in my maxi V2... :confused: You just can't screw both halfs all the way together.

TheZig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
asheville NC
Good to know.

For those with the Maxi and the standard, have you tried taking the standard spring out and putting it in the maxi to get the 2 halves to screwed together? On the old ones you could do this. The standard RS had a smaller spring. You can just pull the springs right out.

I don think we can on the new ones as far as I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Just an update to my last post... you can screw the two half's completely together with 2 18350's. Don't know why I didn't think you could.

It depends on the 18350s. I have a half dozen of the blue protected ones madvapes sells and they are a no-go (I sure use the heck out of them as singles in my short RS, though - good batts). I have a half dozen IMR 18350s (4 BDLs and 2 AWs) and they fit perfectly.

Just a little info: 16340s all fit. 3.7v 16340s do the job just as well as 18350s to get to 7.4v. They are just long enough to stay tight - no rattling around even though they are a couple of mm smaller in diameter. - And, of course the 3.0v 16340s are the same physical size. The lifep04 kit madvapes has are really good batts and the charger has held up well for me.

Good to know.

For those with the Maxi and the standard, have you tried taking the standard spring out and putting it in the maxi to get the 2 halves to screwed together?

The springs in my 2 maxi RSv2 are identical to one another and to the spring in my short RSv2.

Last edited:

mr70ss

Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
Spokane, WA
It depends on the 18350s. I have a half dozen of the blue protected ones madvapes sells and they are a no-go (I sure use the heck out of them as singles in my short RS, though - good batts). I have a half dozen IMR 18350s (4 BDLs and 2 AWs) and they fit perfectly.QUOTE]

hmm weird i only have two 18350 cell's i got them from madvapes, and they fit fine here is the link...

Protected 18350 Lithium Ion Battery

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
hmm weird i only have two 18350 cell's i got them from madvapes, and they fit fine here is the link...

Protected 18350 Lithium Ion Battery

Same ones I have. Neither of my maxis will screw all the way shut with those in them. It's about 1 mm of distance between the body and the cap. - Does your switch have a raised or flat contact point? - I'm not sure if that's clear enough.. The spot on the inside of the top cap where the positive nipple on the battery makes contact - is that almost flat, or did the modder who made it give you a nice blob of solder there raised up about 1 to 1.2 mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread