May be on to something here! INPUT PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
Obviously I'm back to vaping again, 1 month strong ( previous e cigs broke due to carelessness, they weren't "me proof" or i lost them).

From what i understand there is still some problems with liquid getting past the atomizer/cartomizer. I'm thinking theres a couple ways to fix this.
1. a simple plastic disc check valve in the atomizer (tiny plastic disc lifts up when u suck but when u blow (or overfill and juice runs down) it wont go through, the disc only lifts up.

2. @ the pet store you may have seen the aquatic pump check valves, when water flows backwards through the hose towards the pump it reaches a sponge like medium, once wet it stops the flow of water /liquid thus protecting the pump.
I like method 2 b/c it can be easily made to fit ALL E CIG MODELS rather than making new revisions, I'm thinking something about the size of the adapters (that let you use one bat with another atomizer etc), room for material or a check valve (material like the fish pump check valve).
Something like 2 pieces that unscrew so you can insert the plastic check valve and replace if needed (just plastic so one would imagine a sheet of em wouldn't cost much ....we are talkin pieces the size of what comes out of a hole punch) -or- to place the sponge like medium that will stop fluid.

It is a simple mod like this that could very well protect our 7-30 dollar e cig automatic batteries.

Please let me know what you think, if you do not understand let me know and i will do my best to further elaborate.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
I understand exactly what you are saying, believe it or not. :facepalm: I think this is a phenomenal idea.
I am not in the business of manufacturing attys or cartos, so not certain how much more difficult it would be for them to do this (read cost), but I think you are right, if the manufacturers could put a small silicone flap at the top of the connector it could prevent juice from flowing out of the atty/carto and into an auto batt.
Now, if you can just go to China and convince someone to actually do it. :confused:
Plus you always need to consider, the same manufacturers that are making the Attys and cartos today are the same ones selling those extra batteries. :2cool:

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
Obviously I'm back to vaping again, 1 month strong ( previous e cigs broke due to carelessness, they weren't "me proof" or i lost them).

From what i understand there is still some problems with liquid getting past the atomizer/cartomizer. I'm thinking theres a couple ways to fix this.
1. a simple plastic disc check valve in the atomizer (tiny plastic disc lifts up when u suck but when u blow (or overfill and juice runs down) it wont go through, the disc only lifts up.

2. @ the pet store you may have seen the aquatic pump check valves, when water flows backwards through the hose towards the pump it reaches a sponge like medium, once wet it stops the flow of water /liquid thus protecting the pump.
I like method 2 b/c it can be easily made to fit ALL E CIG MODELS rather than making new revisions, I'm thinking something about the size of the adapters (that let you use one bat with another atomizer etc), room for material or a check valve (material like the fish pump check valve).
Something like 2 pieces that unscrew so you can insert the plastic check valve and replace if needed (just plastic so one would imagine a sheet of em wouldn't cost much ....we are talkin pieces the size of what comes out of a hole punch) -or- to place the sponge like medium that will stop fluid.

It is a simple mod like this that could very well protect our 7-30 dollar e cig automatic batteries.

Please let me know what you think, if you do not understand let me know and i will do my best to further elaborate.

I like the idea myself. I do not use auto batts anymore. However, I was wondering if you have pics or a link to this checkvalve you are talking about. I may have a mod for an auto feed cart using that idea. I need more info to determine if it will work the way I am thinking. Any info is great. Please PM me with info and or questions. If this works I will gladly make one for you to try out.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
not sure how 2 psi feels but hee is a small spring loaded one that seems like itd be easy to toy with
Plastic Check Valve fits into 18 in. tubing., Smart Products, Inc.
Cartridge Check Valve solves mounting problems., Smart Products, Inc.
this site also has a couple interseting things
Lee Products Ltd - Press Releases
ruby Check valve sapphire ring rubly ball valve match sapphire seat jewel ball and seat jewel check valve jewel ball and ring for micro dispensing pumps(HPLC)injection devices dispensing equipments non return valve
these all have similar ideas to what im talking about , im liking the last one the most, but none of them are exactly what im talking about, which is simply a plastic disc that lifts up when pressure is greater on one side than the other but doest let it go the other way

....imagine a circular disc or ball over the batery hole, when you blow it forces it down causing a seal, when you suck it lifts up opening the hole for flow.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
This idea sounds cool. Very cool indeed. Though it may be a bit tricky to mod something like this. If manufactured it could come in handy.
As for a more home-made solution to this problem, back when I used to drip with my auto batts, I remember I would simply plunge some metal wick like the one which covers the atty bridge from some broken atty into the center hole down the threaded side. This would work for me, but I had to develop this technique of sucking some e-liquid back into the ceramic cup; not very tricky, and became second nature in no time...

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
Now that I see the pics, I see exactly what you are thinking of. The concept is great but the execution is missing some stuff. Even my idea was moved up to the next level with this type of check valve. But I too have some logistics to work out. Like getting power from the battery to the atty. I have some ideas. I will try to get some of these and start experimenting.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
i too have been thinking about the method of contacts, ponder this with me if you will, imagin the screw part jsut being that and there would be a sleeve, with 2 contacts , when you screw in hte bat or atty w/e the 2 contacts will line up on the sides of the device, this could make for some more simplicity

------------------------------------------------------
another idea im pondering about is a diaphragm of some sort in the bat but i think that would require a diff switch.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
I havent seen the pics, but I did have a question... aren't the EGO auto batts operating with some kind of sealed valve or something? Seems to me that they are sealed, and yet still auto. ... ? Or am I thinking of something else?
honestly im not sure , i have 0 exp with ego but would like to get one eventually.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Check valve feeders work great....here's a simple version

check.jpg

I'd really like to see someone hook up one of the micro electric pumps; that would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread