Maybe a better clear carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Just got my order from GotVapes of the Vortex clear cartomizer. Seems to be a fairly good vapor producer. Also the plastic tube seems to be thicker than that used for the clear ce2's. If they continue to work a good as the first one I tried, I maybe replacing my clear ce2 with the Vortes. The only bad thing so far is I had to get the thread converter for the 510/808 hookup- and I only got one this time. If they keep working I will need 5 or 6 of the converters. Since they are bottom atties, I maynot be able to clean them when changing juice - they also have some sort of filler in the bottom, anyone have cleaning instructions? One other good thing is I don't have to us a syringe to fill as it has enough room at the top to just drip the juice in. The top seal/mouth piece seems to feel ok too.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Just got my order from GotVapes of the Vortex clear cartomizer. Seems to be a fairly good vapor producer. Also the plastic tube seems to be thicker than that used for the clear ce2's. If they continue to work a good as the first one I tried, I maybe replacing my clear ce2 with the Vortes. The only bad thing so far is I had to get the thread converter for the 510/808 hookup- and I only got one this time. If they keep working I will need 5 or 6 of the converters. Since they are bottom atties, I maynot be able to clean them when changing juice - they also have some sort of filler in the bottom, anyone have cleaning instructions? One other good thing is I don't have to us a syringe to fill as it has enough room at the top to just drip the juice in. The top seal/mouth piece seems to feel ok too.

To bump grime off the coil, you don't really need to open it up. Just run water through the center of it like with the old CE2. Soon I hope to see how an ultrasonic cleaner does with these as well.

I've found that flavor changes happen really quickly without needing to clean. Just dump the old juice back into the bottle, fill with a new flavor, and vape :) Note: In doing this I don't try to put a mild fluffy flavor in after vaping something powerful like menthol or straight vanilla. If the new flavor is somewhat in the same family of flavors...no problem at all :)

They do come apart and go back together easily for modding. I.E. Taking out the anti leak filter, fluffing the wicks, or other mods. The trick is getting them back together without leaks. A mild starch based paste, or something like plumber's teflon tape will probably seal it all off again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread