Maybe a solution for people wanting a small e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
I know that there are mini egos
I know the batteries on these don't last all that long especially in comparison to ego.
But, I know some people who just do not want an ego system with a fat battery.

I was wondering about the 510-T. Is it a good vape? Is it a lot to fuss with?
Do the standard Boge cartridges work well on the system?

Thanks to anyone who will give me some insight =)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I love the skinny 510 batteries. If I didn't want something that travels better (5-click on/off to throw in a purse), I would use them a lot more often.

The original little 180 mah batteries were way too irritating to use, even if I'm sitting right next to a charger and can switch them out easily. But, the 280 mah+ are great!

So, the batteries that come with a 510-T kit are great. The 510-T atomizer/tank system is good too but has it's issues.

When I first got mine, I was getting dry hits because the tank wasn't feeding juice fast enough. I would take off the tank and drip a few drops directly into the atty then replace the tank and keep going for a while. I eventually just replaced the tank with a drip tip and started using the atty for dripping instead. From what I understand, if you fiddle with the airflow channels on the side of the tank to get the airflow just right, the tank will feed juice just fine. I don't know. I never got that far because I've always preferred to drip anyway.

You can also use a regular 510 or 306 atty on any 510 battery. As long as you keep the resistance in the standard range. A standard resistance 510 is 2.5 ohm. A standard resistance 306 is 2.2 to 2.5 ohm depending on who you talk to and where you buy it. A 2.2 to 2.3 ohm 306 with drip tip is the best combination of throat hit and flavor IMHO.

Cartomizers on a 510 battery were a problem for me. The standard resistance Boge 510 cartomizers don't give enough flavor or throat hit for me. But, the lower resistance 2.0 ohm cartomizers are a strain on the little batteries. They're more suited to an eGo battery. Many people use that combination anyway. But, you're little batteries will need to be charged more often, and their lifespan won't be as long. If it's worth it to you, it's very satisfying combination.

Then there are the Nano clearomizers. I just bought some. Haven't tried them yet. But, they're designed for the skinny 510 batteries, and I've heard good things about them. If you're interested, I'll come back and let you know how they work for me once I've tried them.

CE2s and CE3s are also popular on the little batteries. I hate the CE2s personally. I hate the flavor. The CE3s have tons of vapor and are known for having good flavor. But, mine tasted nasty. So, I've washed it out to see if maybe there was some kind of primer in it that was making it taste bad. I'm getting ready to try it again. So, I'll soon find out if they deserve their great reputation for lots of flavor.

I hope that helps.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Great info DancingHeretik

I, too, love my 510s. I have several Ego VVs and several ego minis, but I seem to always have a 510 with me too. Sometimes I just want the "feel" of smoking one of those nasty things, and the stockier batteries just don't cut it. 2 of my 510s are auto, so very handy to just puff away.

Another option I found was Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers. Yes a cartomizer, I am finding I like the clearomizers better; better flavor and vapor, but they are not always good to stick in my pocket and go. I am always afraid I am going to break or bend something, even though they seem very sturdy. The horizontal coils give much better throat hit, flavor and vapor than standard ones, like Boges, and they are safe to pocket and go. Plus they also work on my egos.

Hope this helps!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Another option I found was Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers. Yes a cartomizer, I am finding I like the clearomizers better; better flavor and vapor, but they are not always good to stick in my pocket and go. I am always afraid I am going to break or bend something, even though they seem very sturdy. The horizontal coils give much better throat hit, flavor and vapor than standard ones, like Boges, and they are safe to pocket and go. Plus they also work on my egos.

Hope this helps!

I had heard that the Kanger horizontal coils were better. I haven't tried them and, quite honestly had forgotten all about them. Thanks for the reminder.

gzp4

Feb 20, 2013
Queens, NY
I like the 510-t. My experience has been that it seems to work better with the manual batteries and is very good on my ego battery (it's a 650 mah so it's a little shorter but fatter). The capacity of the tanks is a little small so it helps to have spares and it's important to make sure the tanks are properly and fully seated. A needle tip on your juice bottle makes refilling much easier.

Last edited:

Khala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
Illinois, US
I know that there are mini egos
I know the batteries on these don't last all that long especially in comparison to ego.
But, I know some people who just do not want an ego system with a fat battery.

I was wondering about the 510-T. Is it a good vape? Is it a lot to fuss with?
Do the standard Boge cartridges work well on the system?

Thanks to anyone who will give me some insight =)

I love(d) my 510-T. Still have it, still use it, and keep it around as backup. But I've fallen in love with the eroll to replace it.

In my opinion, it's a better vape and no more fuss than the 510-T. The PCC makes it easy to run one all day without issue.

Of course, the 510-T is about half the price, and there are replacement caps for the tanks available (I haven't seen replacement caps for the eroll tanks anywhere, and I'd love to find them.)

smd11873

May 1, 2012
Danbury
I have 510's and several eroll's because I like small set ups. Maybe its just me but the eroll seems to be to much fuss and upkeep. I started using Stainless steel mesh for wicks and it helped but they always leak if left for a few hours and they need constant refilling and swapping out of tanks. If you do go eroll route buy some tank replacement tops so you can just replace the plastic top of the tank and not have to toss the whole tank. I bought some at totally wicked US website.

I keep going back to shorty cartomizers and shortest auto 510 and kr808 batts I can find.

Karenana

Moved On
Apr 16, 2014
Chino hills, CA, USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread