Maybe we can get House Republican leader John Boehner on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
I started a post sometime ago about him and no one responded. I e-mailed his office about ecigs and never received a reply. Someone from his district needs to contact him. He would be a great friend for ecigs. Plus, He WILL be the next Speaker of the House. I believe Lowell,Ohio is in his district,but I am not sure. I can pull up the towns in his district and post that tomorrow. In my post--at least a month ago--I asked for someone in his district to contact him. Nothing ever cam of that.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Agreed, Rep. Boehner IS going to be Speaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I do believe his mission is smaller government, more freedom, so perhaps some of this Behemoth Brotherhood stuff will go away and get our e-cigs in a little safer mode to live in...living is good!
But don't feel too bad, I wrote a letter requesting opinion on e-cigs from Our Surgeon General, didn't even get an acknowledgement. That was over three months ago. I feel downright snubbed.
In the meantime we have to be as active as possible advocating e-cigs, with our pennies, our stamps, and our time. This technology cannot be wasted or threatened by BB.

Last edited:

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
I swear, I think we're getting to the point where we may have start doing protest marches on D.C. Carrying signs saying that the FDA, Federal, State and Local governments are trying to kill us by forcing us back to smoking tobacco cigarettes. Just think of all the television coverage we would get as we're hauled off to jail in handcuffs. :p:ohmy::headbang:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Considering Boehner is in bed with Big Tobacco and still smokes, what are the chances he'll be onboard to promote ecigs? Pretty slim imo. Unless he does somekind of 180, having him as speaker could be a bad thing for ecigs.

Among the lobbyists backing Boehner: The tobacco industry, which has contributed at least $340,000 to his political campaigns. The top individual donor throughout Boehner's political career, according to data from the Center for Public Integrity, is Bruce Gates, a lobbyist for the cigarette maker Altria

"Well, I mean, if you should become Speaker, you could set a good example for the country by saying 'I'm going to stop smoking,'" Schieffer said. "Maybe you could get the President - I understand he smokes too, - maybe the two of you could find a way to try to stop smoking. That'd be kind of a good thing, wouldn't it?"

"Bob, I appreciate your suggestion," Boehner said.

It would be great if his last response was "Yes, Barry and I will try to quit with ecigs." Just don't hold your breath for that one. Remember, this is the guy who got busted handing out Brown & Williamson payoffs on the House floor in the 90s.

Boehner Questioned on Ties to Tobacco Lobbyists - Face The Nation - CBS News

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I heard that interview. He's been taking whacks because he smokes. Boehner also said this:
On "Face he Nation" this morning, Bob Schieffer asked Boehner - who smokes - about his contributions from the tobacco industry. "How do you square that with the fact that cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths in this country - 435,000 people, their deaths are linked to cancer, that's 1 in 5. How do you justify that in your own mind?"

"Bob, tobacco is a legal product in America," Boehner said. "The American people have a right to decide for themselves whether they want to partake or not. There are lots of things that we deal with and come in contact with every day - from alcohol to food to cigarettes - a lot of the things that aren't good for our health. But the American people ought to have the right to make those decisions on their own."
BigT has been doing this for years. They have a multi-Billion dollar industry to try to protect. But I see room for the E-Cig industry to hurry up and get it's interests front and center, and then let the American people decide what they want for themselves. Yea, Boehner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread