MBV so far not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new and i was turned on to the prices and "quality" of Mt Baker Vapor by a freind. I pulled the trigger on 8 bottles (30ml, 3g nic, max vg, 2 flavor shots)

i got grappler, ocean breeze, afternoon delight, bannana nut bread, freckled lemonade, spring break, caramel apple, and fruit slices

when i got them they all tasted like soap and chemicals.... waited a week.... no change... 2 weeks... slight change... quick steeped for 2 hours and OMG most of the flavors are decent.

NOT GREAT, Decent. except Grappler! it is great!

any other experiences?

sfmc-x1

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Bellingham, Wa
I've tried almost 40 different flavors from Mt. Baker.

And would be more than happy to repurchase 75% of those again, even if other vendors had the same flavors at comparable prices.

For the "price" there isn't an overwhelming number of vendors that offer the vaping community the ability to go through that many flavors and discover what they'll like and what they wont. In addition not all vendors offer sample size packs.

I know what I like, and I know what to expect from Mt. Baker. And because the cost is so minimal, it allows me the opportunity to try flavors I thought I might not like. Example: Their Tea blends. They're a lot more mellow than their fruit blends and equally as much an all day vape based on what I thought I liked.

Trying those flavors has given me a base of expectation. If a certain vendor's particular flavor is better than a MBV equivalent once I've tasted it, then I feel confident about giving that vendor repeat business. At this point, not many have.

To each their own.

Cheers.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I held out for 2 years and didn't buy MBV juice. I finally did because a few buddies of mine here used it.

Several of the juices cracked my tanks (I did not know of the extremely high incidence of tank cracker juices they have.....I've never even had to think about it before to be honest, never happened to me in 2 whole years with anything I've been vaping).

So in essence, I lost $$ ordering from there, since my brand new T3S's are all melted down now. :mad: I understand I should have read the fine print when ordering, but honestly, it never occurred to me that at least 3/4 of my order would be unsafe for plastic tanks.

I can make DIY cheaper than I can buy "cheap" eliquid, so .....

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
I only use one MBV juice. I like it and it's a cheap all day vape. Everything else I've tried there I couldn't stand, and yes I steeped it for a long time. I ended up dumping some down the drain and the rest I just suffered through. Now I spend more money on liquids I use, but I enjoy it more and I a still saving money compared to what I spent on smokes.

Some people use MBV and love it, personally there's just something about their liquids I can't get past. The one juice I use I buy in bulk and I don't know why this one is missing that key note that turns me off to their other flavors.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I personally got tired of paying 6 to 12 dollars only to be disappointed with the juices and started making my own. What's great about that is, you can make them exactly to your own taste! Start up cost is a lot less than you would think and it will save you a LOT of money!!.I thought I would mention this as it might be something you might be interested in. It's a very very easy process. Just wanted to let you know it's possible, quick, and easy.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've ordered about 6-8 flavors from MBV, no flavor shots. There were a couple that were great immediately after arrival. The one "sample" I got with my original order (didn't realize I could specify) was by far the nastiest (12mg, 80pg/20vg - my selected juices were 6mg, 50/50) That sample still has about 3ml left in the bottle, and I'm not sure I'm going to even bother. All the other ones I selected were perfectly fine for me.

But, like Realsis, I'd rather make my own now. Been DIYing for about 2 weeks. I may go back to them when I need nic base, but other than that, I doubt I'll buy any more juices (even from my favorite B&M :shock:) At least making my own, I don't have to pay extra for the additional flavor shots ;)

I only use one MBV juice. I like it and it's a cheap all day vape. Everything else I've tried there I couldn't stand, and yes I steeped it for a long time. I ended up dumping some down the drain and the rest I just suffered through. Now I spend more money on liquids I use, but I enjoy it more and I a still saving money compared to what I spent on smokes.

Some people use MBV and love it, personally there's just something about their liquids I can't get past. The one juice I use I buy in bulk and I don't know why this one is missing that key note that turns me off to their other flavors.
The juices I've tried all have a strange almost menthol dryness to them. Can't really describe it but it is not pleasant. Looking elsewhere at present

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've gotten probably a dozen or so flavors from MBV lately. As others have said, it can be hit and miss. Some flavors are amazing, others are only meh. But their great prices and customer service keeps me coming back. I don't even mind trying some bad ones for the experience. It's just good, fun, favor tasting. I think of it it more like wine tasting. For that reason alone, I think it's served me well as a newbie.

And specifically, customer service is rare these days, and matters more to me as I get older- I think that's a big part of it. So they get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread