MBV VS VAPEWILD-MY REVIEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Okay, this is going to be an extensive review and I want to start off by saying that I am a first time purchaser of both of these companies. I scoured for weeks to find affordable juice. (I DIY'ed for years but it got to be too much) now I am trying to discover good juices at affordable prices and these 2 companies were the top contenders so I figured I would try them both and compare and share my results for other newbies looking for good juice on a budget.

WARNING. I did not steep any of the flavors when I got them (which is recommended and I will test all again in 2 weeks) and my testing was done in my very simple, but wonderful IGO L that was given to me by a wonderful member here years ago. Anyhoo, on with my review

first up is Mt Baker Vapor
Let me start off by saying that their customer service is wonderful and their shipping time just cant be beat. They were really on top of things!!

Flavors- They didnt offer sample sizes to purchase so I didnt get as many as I did from vape wild but, here are the flavors I got and what I think about them...

Dream Tea- It's an okay flavor. Its like a green tea with berries? It leaves a funky taste in my mouth that reminds me of acrylic after getting my nails done at the salon. So I am not a big fan of that, but it could be the green tea flavor. I've never had green tea in a vape before so it just might not be my thing.

Blue Moo- This is pretty good, its like a blueberry and milk sort of vape. The milk aspect is a bit buttery, but I actually like that about this flavor. I know some people dont.

Moo Juice-
Since I liked blue moo I thought for sure I would love this one, but it was really harsh and it made my tongue numb. IDK maybe it was from lack of steeping or I just got a bad batch, but I was really disappointed in this one because strawberry and cream is my ADV! but I will try it again after a few weeks and some breathing.

Hawk Sauce-
This is something I picked up for my husband. I personally do not like fruity menthol vapes and I really hate grape in just about everything. So this one surprised me. It had more of a grape taste than a fruit flavor, but I still didnt mind vaping it.

Solar Berry-
This one is a fruit and cream sort of vape it was okay, but not something I think I will reorder the cream tasted sort of chemically.

Cinnatoast Munch-
The cinnamon in this one is pretty overpowering and dried my throat out quite a bit so I had to make sure I drank alot with this one. but the flavor was nice. But I like cinnamon so... yeah.

Banana Nut Bread-
Out of all the samplings from MBV this was my favorite. It truly tasted like banana nut bread and I kept coming back to this one in my rotation from their company.

Overall, Mt. Baker Vapor had some okay juices. My biggest issue was that the majority of them were very chemically and left weird after tastes in my mouth, which is something hard for me to get over. and I was very confused about their process some places said that they changed and their juices were presteeped and others said that they still needed to steep when they arrived. If anyone knows which is true I would love to know for sure. They were kind enough to send me a free sample of afternoon delight, but I havent tried that one yet.

Okay, On to vape wild
The one thing I love most about this company is their sample sizes. I hate paying for a full size bottle and realizing I hate the juice! I was able to try a huge variety since I had no clue what their juices tasted like and I wanted to find something I would like. I also noticed that their juice is about 1 dollar cheaper than MBV! What I didnt like was that the samples were thrown into a bag. At least MBV took the time to put my juices in boxes! something to work on vape wild!!!
Here are the flavor samples and what I thought about them. Warning the list is LONG! My husband and I decided to sample these together and rate them 1-5, 5 being the perfect vape!
Root beer Float- This stuff was surprisingly amazing! I thought I was going to hate it and it ended up being my favorite. It tastes exactly like root beer to me and when you smell it, you can almost feel the fizz in your nose! I plan on getting a large bottle of this stuff. 5/5
Vanilla Tobacco- This one had a slight vanilla flavor but no tobacco. We rated this one a 2/5, but we plan on trying it again after it steeps properly.
Constinople- This one was some sort of turkish blend. I dont care for tobacco flavors but my husband does. I was surprised that I found it vapable. Hubby gave it a 4/5
wrangler- I thought this one was going to taste similar to the plain tobacco vape you sample at a vape shop, but it honestly didnt have much flavor at all. Then again it wasnt steeped, so he is going to wait for this one and try it again.
Gold Label- Again, I dont like tobacco vapes, but if I wanted something close to an analog, this would have to be the winner. Imagine sucking on the end of an unlit cigarette. That is sort of how this one tastes. It really wasnt bad. 4.5/5
Grand Poobah- This is a tobacco vape with banana, it tasted pretty similar to some of the banana dessert vapes I have had, so if I run out I would have no problem using this as a replacement. 5/5
BananaBacco- I thought it was going to be similiar to the grand poobah, but I was wrong. This is a flavor all its own. There is banana in it, but it has a strong pipe tobacco and I get a taste of coffee?? Its very strange and not something I have ever vaped before so its really hard to explain. This is just one you would have to try for yourself to judge. 3/5
Peace Pipe- I expected this one to be peppery or harsh, but it was surprisingly sweet. This one we decided to steep longer before rating it.
One Size Fits All- This is another one I found strange. Or maybe the word I am looking for is complex. When I inhaled I could taste blackberry and blueberry, but on the exhale it was totally different. I got a peach mango banana flavor that lingered in my mouth. This is probably one of the most complex flavors I have ever experienced. I didnt care for the blackberry as it was too bitter for me, but the after flavors were incredible. I rated this one 4/5 because you need to try it.
Murica- This is the best of the absolute best of all the flavors I have tried from this company. Even my husband agrees. It tastes exactly like the red, white and blue rocket popsicles!! I am not sure if this is a limited edition flavor, but I know I will be getting alot of this! 5/5
S+C- I had high hopes for this one. I love strawberry and cream and this one fits the bill, but it is lacking sweetness. I've been vaping truth serum, by cyclops and it has the sweetness that this one lacks. but it is still pretty good. I dont hate it, but I dont love it either. 3/5
Pink Elephant-This was a really nice one. Tastes exactly like pink lemonade. I thought it would give me heart burn, but it didnt. I think I would have liked it more if I didnt try the Murica first though. 3/5
Proffessor Snipes- This is a pear and cream flavor, but I am also detecting a bit of banana? IDk its not bad though. I could see this in my rotation. 4/5
American Pie-I wasnt a big fan of this one. It seemed like it had tobacco in it? I am going to let this one steep some more before deciding because I could taste the apple and cinnamon filling which tasted good.
Flint Stoned- This is my first cereal type vape and I have heard you either love it or you hate it. It wasnt bad, but it was missing the cereal aspect. It just tasted like mixed fruit and cream. It is something I would put in my rotation though. Next time I will try the fruit hoops. 3/5
Hold the door-This was supposed to be a banana moon pie, but I just thought it was disgusting! mild banana and burnt custard is what it tasted like. Out of all the flavors I hated this one. It simply was not vapable without making me gag. 0/5
Hannibal Nectar- This one was okay flavor wise, it was just very perfumy to me and tasted like chemicals. I will let this one steep and try again. 1/5
Key Lime Pie- I so badly wanted to love this one. Dont get me wrong it was good, but it left a weird sour taste in my throat, not a good sour,but like a rancid sour?? I dont know. It was the last flavor I tried so maybe I was burned out. However, I will say that the crust flavor on this one is excellent. Giving this one a 3/5 because my husband refused to try it because he thought he would hate it, but said he really liked it.

Overall thoughts, between the two companies
I have to say that flavor wise Vape Wild has won my business and will be my new juice vendor. The majority of the samples I tried from them, I really enjoyed, even the ones I thought would suck werent bad. There were 2 other flavors I received from this company but I didnt review them because they are mystery flavors and I honestly have no idea what they are. LOL. Bananabacco, one size fits all and 2 mystery flavors were given to me as free samples with my purchase, which was great and I hope this is something they do with everyone's order. I'm cheap and freebies are always welcome!!! They do need to work on their packaging though. I dont like my juice being thrown in a bag, thats how bottles end up busted. Maybe its because they were sample sizes? Does anyone know if all their packaging is like that?

MBV flavors just werent for me. They did end up giving me store credit for the one juice making my tongue numb and I used it toward the purchase of the cascade tank and it works beautifully. Like I said their customer service is outstanding and for that reason alone. I will most likely end up purchasing my vape supplies through them.

Anyway, there you have it! my detailed opinion on both of these companies. I hope this review has been educational and can help others who are on the fence of what to try. and before anyone bashes me about being hard on MBV's flavors I want you to know that I plan on trying them again in a few weeks, but I am a firm believer that a juice should taste pretty good right out of the gate and get better over time, but we will see. Plus Flavors are subjective. Everyone likes different things. This is simply my personal opinion!

If you made it to the end, thanks for taking the time to read my review! Vape on my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread