MCR 303 Mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Well i ordered one...and its arrived.

First thought on opening the bubble wrap it came in:-No Box...

Absolutely superb build quality..not a mark on it and no machine oil, swarf or anything that shouldn't be there. Delighted so far then...

Its quite a small wick hole at 2.5mm so decided to do a 2mm rope with a few wraps of 200sf under the coil, and that's working superbly. I did actually firstly do a mesh in mesh of 400 inside a 200sf outer, and while it did work quite well, there was the occasional dry-ish hit, so not my best build, so i changed it Teach me to do what was suggested on another forum! Actually I think it was my build that was at fault, so i changed it out after a couple of hours.

Very simple to build on, but because its a 20mm atty, the build deck isn't the largest i ever used! Came out at 1.32 ohms anyway, which is close enough to where i wanted it to be. Filled her up with my home brewed tobacco juice, and went to vaping!

I ordered the 1.5mm airhole version and that's about dead on for me, not too loose a draw, just about right. You get a choice of 1mm, 1.5mm or 2mm.

Seems to run through the juice reasonably quickly, but the taste is now right up there next to the nextiny, no doubt due to the tiny chamber on this.

All in all, for the price these are right now on the MCR website, its an absolute no brainer, Absolutely love the fill hole insert that is attached to the top cap,and it makes it so easy to fill, take off the top cap and the hole is there ready for you, and because its a solid post that goes into the fill hole, there is no way to get the top cap twisted and interfere with the coil with the tiny space the coil sits in. No messing round with little plastic fill hole plugs, so nothing to lose, and of course with the cap on, no open fill hole to leak from. By the way it holds about 2mm as measured by my syringe. It wicks superbly even with the fill hole closed off. Just one thing to be careful of, don't fill it right up, leave a little air space in the tank, it wicks better. It will still take about 1.8mls.

So the verdict? Wonderful..at least as good a built quality as anything i have, threads are superb, and the finishing and engineering on this is first class., the wicking is excellent, and the taste with that tiny chamber is spot on. Oh! and not a single micro drop of leakage.

Love it!

Update on this Genny...

Like i told you i changed the build in it as i didn't think the first one was doing anything for this atty, and actually didn't seem like my best effort!

The ss rope and mesh top i did for it is working superbly. I am a bit of a chain vaper, so an atty needs to be able to keep up with me without having to tilt it all the time, and this one does just that.

Have been using it all yesterday evening and all night watching the referendum and again this morning, and gone through a couple of tankfuls.

So far not even a trace of a dry hit just lots of vapor and excellent taste and i have to say that now its working as it should its right up there with the best of my attys, and i think that as the build beds in a bit longer it will get better. I think the build quality is as good as any of my authentic attys, and the taste is right up there with the best of them.

Superb quality as a £130 atty should be, NO leaks, really simple to fill and build on, and superb flavor.

For the £30 Flash Sale price this is available for on the MCR website, its a no-brainer to me. An authentic British designed and built Genisis atomiser for a great discounted price. I like it so much that I have just ordered another one from them. May not be able to get attys like this when the new regulations hit us.

Reactions: anavidfan

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I gotta look this one up, I'm not sure I've heard of it before...

edit: just watched a review. NICE!! For the price that looks fantastic. The review i watched was for the 1mm air hole version... that'd be too tight a draw for me. i like 1.4-1.6, so this one seems right up my alley.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taff Evans

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
They are special mate. I absolutely love the taste on it, and very stable now with the new build. vapes like a dream. Still not sure if i am getting all i can from it, and will be swapping out the build on it again to see if i can get it any better...maybe a lower ohms setting would do well on it. I have the 1.5 and its ideal.

yosikadiri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Ronkonkoma, NY
I got mail! This atty is very well thought out and made. I'm waiting for my 2mm and 2.5mm SS rope to build it, I'm not letting any cotton touch this Waiting for my NET juice too. I think this will be a very good atty that even without trying it yet I ordered one more with spare parts. It looks like the flash sale is winding down as I saw the 1mm hole to be the only option for the sale. The 1.5 and 2mm are back to their original price.

steam cloud

Aug 13, 2013
Tampa
A big thank you to Taff Evans for a great find. I got mine yesterday. Very happy with it. did a 1/16 s/s cable with 200sf sleeve. wicks great with fantastic flavor. the top cap is what make this genesis great. The fill hole/ alignment plug is a great idea, its the only way to get the air hole aligned with the coil. it looks like the air hole is slightly off set ,but if you take off the black cap and stick a tooth pick in the air hole you can see that every thing is perfect. So remember not to align the air hole for the genesis tilt but align the part of the wick that is inside the e-liquid. if you do every thing right this little genesis will give you great flavor. So again thank you Mr Evans

yosikadiri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Ronkonkoma, NY
The SS rope arrived and the 2mm is just right for the wick hole...wrapped some mesh on top and coiled with 30g kanthal, 5 wraps for a 1.15 ohms. Air hole is 1.5mm, put it on top of a GGTS with a Kick v2 set to 3 o'clock of the dial so am guessing 10-12 watts, 18650 batt....still waiting for my NET juice, so I'm vaping Turkish from Yaeliq and oh man, so that's how it taste :)....happily chain vaping and then bam! dry hit!...here's a tip, use the clear tank so you would know when it's empty haha...retro vaping at its best. I'm a happy camper! thank you Taff!

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
It says on the site, that there are no delays on air hole options mate. and if the 1.5 is not in stock they will drill it out for you F.O.C. so still available at the moment.

its at mcrnods dot com
Yep, just received an email from MCR, they will drill a 1.5 for me. Nice!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Has anyone actually used their 303s with a cotton wick successfully?

I have a couple and Ive got them going with a mesh wick really well, but got them because I saw a few "how to's" and they set them up with a cotton vert coil.

Ive tried a few times with awful results, always start out ok, then the dreaded dry hits, yuck.

here are some photos in case anyone wants to see the MCR 303 up close
MCR-303-0001_zps1ql1tmq7.jpg

MCR-303-0003_zpsgpkmtvff.jpg

MCR-303-0004_zpskeu28f52.jpg

mcr-101sl-303-001_zpsjdonzkha.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread