Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have 2 of them and have been happily using them for a while now. I got the 2mm air intake holes. I run them without the fill hole poles.

Im running them with 400 count mesh and 28g SS, very loosely rolled and they wick great. I never thought I would go back and try a true Genesis again as my last try was very difficult and so much work that I said it was not worth all the work, but that was 4 years ago?

I have a few MCR mods , a couple of them the 20mm tubes and love them. A few months ago I saw the flash sale and thought , what the hell..... for that price , if I cant get it going, I was sure I could sell them.

This time my experience was much better, though I had the best results from the mesh instead of the rope.

I tried doing the cotton because I like cotton wicks and with my past Genesis experience I did not find that all that work equated better taste or performance. I do like the 303s with some of my NET and a couple Lemon bakery liquids that were just too sweet. On the Genesis they just taste so much better. The sweetness has become a nice smoky, more subtle, but still lemony . The sugars seem to burn off with the mesh resulting in a more enjoyable flavor.

I dont get hung up on "what " is the best system, just what works for me. I have some atties that are cloudier, some that are tighter etc. I have atties to suit my needs and love them all. I have not found that RDAs are any better in flavor than RTAs. I dont like a lot of my liquids in Genesis's, but a few are better in the 303's.

If I could only keep one atty, it would be my Flash-e-Vapor, all around the most enjoyable and easy to work with I have.

I saw a few videos where the reviewer used a vertical coil with cotton and got it going good, at least on the video. One of them was Scott Bonner of Ecig reviews. I like him, I have never been disappointed by anything he gives his thumbs up to. He liked the MCR a lot and he was using cotton, so ....

Anyway, I think the 303s will be in my collection for a long time... Im just stubborn , I guess and I figure if Scott got it to work and he likes it with cotton, I would like to at least try.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK, so I have just ordered one of the last MCR 303's and the 18350 mod to go with it. I saw the set up, saw the reviews and just had to make this my first mech mod and genny. As a matter of fact, it will be my very first buildable. If any of you have some good Video's for me to learn how to build with SS, I would much appreciate it.

I have changed ready made coils and re-wicked but that was as far as it went. From this thread I gather that I need some 2 mm ss rope. I have some 0.28g A 1 Kanthal, an Ohm reader, a coiling jig and I guess I better get a tiny screw driver. I would be grateful for size suggestions too as I am still thinking in metric's which is not going to help me when engaging Google to find the right size screw driver.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
OK, so I have just ordered one of the last MCR 303's and the 18350 mod to go with it. I saw the set up, sammw the reviews and just had to make this my first mech mod and genny. As a matter of fact, it will be my very first buildable. If any of you have some good Video's for me to learn how to build with SS, I would much appreciate it.

I have changed ready made coils and re-wicked but that was as far as it went. From this thread I gather that I need some 2 mm ss rope. I have some 0.28g A 1 Kanthal, an Ohm reader, a coiling jig and I guess I better get a tiny screw driver. I would be grateful for size suggestions too as I am still thinking in metric's which is not going to help me when engaging Google to find the right size screw driver.

As much as I like the MCR 303, its not the best for a first time rebuilding venture. I suggest you try something easier so you can get a good first experience with rebuilding. On top of it , the MCR is not one of the easiest of Genesis. Its very small chamber and low over head make it very touchy and prone to shorts. It does look so beautiful on the MCR SL. I tried and tried with cotton, but the hole is small and the air also is very direct and my vert coils with cotton gave me one or 3 good pulls, then burnt..... YUCK.

On the MCR SL, my favorite RTA is the Taifun GSII (19mm so not exactly same with) Its easy, tastes great too and looks pretty good.

Taifun GSII on MCR SL 20mm

MCR-0032_zpswtuxs1al.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread