MCR Mod Issues & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
Are you only getting the hot button when using the Hybrid adapter?

I recently got a hot button on my original MCR 101, and I found out that it was due to the pin in the hybrid adapter not making good contact. Once I snugged up the connection between battery and atty (by way of the pin), then the hot button went away....

I would definitely email Liam and let him know. He will likely do whatever it takes to rectify the situation..... I also had my original 101 autofire on me, and I emailed Liam and he sent me out a new Delrin Insulator which resolved the issue.

is the derlin insulater white?

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Houston
A hot button issue may also occur if the hex screw that holds the button in place gets loose. I had this happen to me a few times. Every time that I had a hot button it was due to that screw being loose. Be sure to check that it is very snug/tight

Doesn't matter whether flush button or locking button. Now, I just make sure that screw is very tight and I haven't had any issue.

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
So I went to the post office yesterday And yes it was the japanese cotton. This morning the postman knocked on the door. I ran to discover it was the rsm drip tip i ordered.

Just now another knock at the door...
I ran to discover it was DHL....
I took the parcel....
Opened it...
Was some e juice and a new kayfun

STILL NO MCR :/

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
Got it!

Thanks to all in here who helped me choose.

Im VERY pleased with this beauty

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

18350 ss polished flat cap, brush silicon bronze tube, ss polished flush button with rsm drip tip and kayfun lite five pawns edition rba

iwarzon

Fog Machine
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2014
Ventura County

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
Looks real nice!

Thanks mate. Just to give a quick review I've vaped on it everyday now for the past few weeks and it hasn't disappointed. The bronze is just starting to get slighly patchy which looks real nice and the mod on the whole hasn't let me down once.

I was a bit worried about the flush button but it's been sitting in my jeans pocket, jacket pocket and work bag with not one accidental firing.

Highly recommend for anyone thinking of taking the plung and getting one. Their website is live now so the mods are a lot easier to get hold of.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I had a hot button on the first one I got, but extremely thorough cleaning has sorted it for the most part. It probably helps that I generally don't go far below one ohm.

I've got four complete MCRs now, a full set of 22mm (one is 20x1) and a 18500 20mm - so the button issue was not a deterrence for me ordering more :) For my tastes it is the perfect mod, particularly with the recessed switch. This switch and the Satburn switches are the best for me.

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
I had a hot button on the first one I got, but extremely thorough cleaning has sorted it for the most part. It probably helps that I generally don't go far below one ohm.

I've got four complete MCRs now, a full set of 22mm (one is 20x1) and a 18500 20mm - so the button issue was not a deterrence for me ordering more :) For my tastes it is the perfect mod, particularly with the recessed switch. This switch and the Satburn switches are the best for me.

Love to see some pics mate

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Love to see some pics mate

There's a couple in the high end mechanical thread... here's one:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...res-discussion-round-2-a-73.html#post13837623
It's darkened slightly since then, but the Hellfire hasn't moved. The combo is a bit tall but otherwise this is my favorite setup since I got it - edging ahead of the Rocket and lon. I'm eager to see in a couple weeks if the RocketR can change that :)

If I get a chance I'll line them all up for a photo.

...the mcr driptip is also lovely, though its a very tight fit on my attys.

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
How long were they on sale for? I saw their fbook post advertising them and by the time I went into their site they were gawwwwwwn :/

And what's this 'something pretty cool'? Im intrigued...
I have to figure it out with Patrick, essentially Liam wants a custom button made and I might go in on it and split the costs, not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread