Mech Mod Newcomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

187grim

Mar 31, 2020
Hey, so, I’ve been vaping for about 3 years now- I know a lot about different mods and have spent hours upon hours watching people like Jai Haze and RiP Trippers since before I started. My first vape was a smok stick prince, I used it until it gave up on me. Same with the one I’m using now which is just a dual 18650 snowwolf box with a mesh wotofo profile rda..

Mechanical mods have always been more interesting to me and when hitting a friends mech, it’s more satisfying. I don’t have to hit it so many times. (I used to smoke a pack a day).

My question is- could you guys who have experience in mech mods please help me find a great mod to use with my wotofo profile RDA? I’ve never seen a review with these two paired together. This will be my first mechanical mod, I do know how to take them apart and use them so you know- something in between “for a beginner” and “veterans only” mod? :p

I probably only want to spend up to $200...

Thank you guys!!

187grim

Mar 31, 2020

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah that looks great, my dad is currently looking for a squonk. I’m gonna have to show him :) But for me- I’m thinking a single 18650 tube mech. Do you have any recommendations for that? Maybe some good brands? I’m afraid of burning out my cotton quick, I’m not sure if any will but I just don’t know with the wotofo profile RDA

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Wotofo branded mesh strips has a resistance of 0.18 ohms. The Nexmesh branded strips has a resistance of 0.13 ohms (I've measured some as low as 0.11 ohms). With a full 4.2 volt battery this will result in a 23 and 32 amp draw at 98 and 135 watts respectfully (sans voltage drop or voltage sag). The reason you do not see reviews of the Profile using a mech is because these wattage's are quite high for these strips, much greater risk of a dry burn.

I have used the 0.13 ohm Nexmesh strip on a mosfet, where I have calculated it's output to be around 95 to 100 watts. Too high for me, offers 0 gain in terms of quality of vape at the expense of burning more juice than is needed.

Not trying to discourage you from purchasing a mech, but I would suggest you look into a coil based RDA. Also, learn OHM's LAW and understand the limits of your batteries.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Have a look at their Tauren MAX mech tube, that'll do upto 21700 cells. Check Fastech (use MAP code at checkout to see if there's any discount) and 2fdeal as well (check for discount codes on product pages).

With your budget you would even be able to get multiples of both, with discounts.

And may I ask why you prefer drpping over squonking?

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
X watts into X coil in X atomizer, thats a given vape whether the power comes from a regulated mod or an unregulated one.
The difference is one is regulated and one is not. The power curve from an unregulated device changes over time but a regulated does not.
There is no such thing as a beginner unregulated device, they are unforgiving of errors and require experience knowledge and diligence to get a good vape and stay safe.
Back around 2010 they were born out of a requirement for a higher power vape that regulated devices of the time could not provide. Now in the age of cheap reliable high power regulated devices they are an anachronism. However if you like the arguably superior aesthetics, the more involved technical experience and the varying power delivery they provide rather than just plug-and-vape they can be rewarding for some.

There are people here that vape nothing but unregulated devices. What they are not is some sort of voodoo, just another way of providing electricity to an atomizer.

Understanding the relationship between power and coil resistance | E-Cigarette Forum
Ohms/Watts Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum
Choosing a coil for a single battery unregulated device | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety | E-Cigarette Forum

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
X watts into X coil in X atomizer, thats a given vape whether the power comes from a regulated mod or an unregulated one.
The difference is one is regulated and one is not. The power curve from an unregulated device changes over time but a regulated does not.
There is no such thing as a beginner unregulated device, they are unforgiving of errors and require experience knowledge and diligence to get a good vape and stay safe.
Back around 2010 they were born out of a requirement for a higher power vape that regulated devices of the time could not provide. Now in the age of cheap reliable high power regulated devices they are an anachronism. However if you like the arguably superior aesthetics, the more involved technical experience and the varying power delivery they provide rather than just plug-and-vape they can be rewarding for some.

There are people here that vape nothing but unregulated devices. What they are not is some sort of voodoo, just another way of providing electricity to an atomizer.

Understanding the relationship between power and coil resistance | E-Cigarette Forum
Ohms/Watts Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum
Choosing a coil for a single battery unregulated device | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety | E-Cigarette Forum
This.

Reactions: sonicbomb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread