Mech Squonk...battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Sorry to sound harsh, but that’s an impossible question to answer. We have no info on build or battery type so therefore cannot possibly comment. The fact that you have asked such a question probably means the answer is no - because as a mech user you either know it is safe, or you know that it isn’t. There is no grey area.

Good to see you asking though, better to be safe than sorry. Just hope you realise why you have the responses you got. I suggest leaving your mod well alone until you are clear.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the above comments. To answer the questions, we need to know the following:
  • What batteries specifically are you using? Make and model. Not all batteries are created equal. Some companies you can trust the advertised specifications, most you can not. Look for Mooch's List of Battery Tests to find out what your batteries actually test out as.

• I assume you are or will be making your own coils. You need an ohm meter to measure the true resistance of the coil. A coil calculator Steam Engine main page is useful in getting you in the ball park for the target coil resistance, but you still have to measure it before using it.

• When making a coil, you need to use an Ohms Law Calculator to insure you will not exceed the continuous discharge rate of the specific batteries you are using. Exceeding the CDR of the battery is abusing the battery and not a safe thing to do.

• I'm not sure how showing us pics is going to affect our answers.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
18650 Battery Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Cell to Vape With
Are You Using a ReWrap Battery?
A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread