Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
Mech's are best paired with RBA's/RDA's

With regulated vaping devices you will inherently have more built in safety.

If your planning on trying out subΩ vaping then a good Mech with a good quality RBA/RDA is the best. In the end I'd suggest checking out the other sub forums to do more research into it prior to moving forward on a decision.

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Atmizoo Roller. Won't break the bank, is well built, good customer service, you can customize it if you want, and is telescopic, so you don't have to carry around extra tubes, if you want to change battery sizes. No messing around with adjusting pins for certain batteries.

Roller | atmizoo vaping modware

Order it direct, and it will cost less than store bought.

Greg W.

Hustler

Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
SE Arizona
I was wondering the same thing, but once I went with a mechanical and an RBA... I could NEVER go back!!! The flavor is SOO much better from an RBA with SS mesh it is almost unbelievable!!!! I bought a cheap mech mod and a cheap RBA first to see how i liked it. I loved it so much I kept upgrading, but finally went all out and bought a KING mod and a Siam Mods Cobra RBA. Yes they were pricey, but well worth the money IMHO. I just wish I had bought them sooner instead of slowly working my way up to the really high end stuff.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
You definitely don't need an RBA/RDA to use with a mechanical mod. You can buy heads for clearomizers that are 1.5 or 1.8 ohms that should get you a very solid vape from mechanical mods. You need to be aware, however, that mechanical mods lack all of the safety features of your current devices. You do not have short circuit, over discharge, or low ohms protection in a mechanical mod. You should really read up on battery safety before delving into that world.

With that said, there are a number of chinese clones coming out that are all under $50. Some are almost exact copies of the original, some are just really good. The Smoktech Magneto and Rainbow Heaven's MKB-TS are great choices, as are pretty much any of the new EHPro mechs.

Zwilks14

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Boston,ma
I use protank2's on my apv's. I want to learn how to correctly use and build Rba's. Money isn't an issue, I would like to get something nice, but I also don't need the most expensive/rare piece. Part of me wants to buy a magneto or a clone to see if I really get into it and go from there, but the other part of me is saying just buy once. What do you guys think?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Personally I think it depends upon how handy you are and how much you like to tinker with things.

Myself, I prefer things that work right out of the box. I am not a willing tinkerer. (Is that even word?) :confused::laugh:

I've successfully used an couple of AGA-T2 RBAs. When they are working optimally, they've been the best vape I've experienced. However, they can be ornery, inconsistant, fussy, and unreliable. Mine seem to require constant tinkering. Did I say I don't like tinkering? :glare:

My two RBAs both need new coils, maybe new wicks, too. I haven't touched them for over a month because I'm lazy. Also because I know that I will have to devote half an hour to 45 minutes to do a total setup to complete both tanks to run optimally. In the meantime, my dependable and consistant cartotanks are keeping me more than happy.

So if you are like me, go with something less expensive initially and see how it works out. From what I understand, the better RBAs don't perform that much better than the less expensive ones do, it's more about the quality of the wick/coil which YOU make. There is definitely a learning curve with these. Some people get it fast, others take longer. Some don't want to even be bothered with it.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg

Last edited:

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I use protank2's on my apv's. I want to learn how to correctly use and build Rba's. Money isn't an issue, I would like to get something nice, but I also don't need the most expensive/rare piece. Part of me wants to buy a magneto or a clone to see if I really get into it and go from there, but the other part of me is saying just buy once. What do you guys think?

Both ways work. Me my first mech was the Roller. I now own a Chi YouClone, because I want to see what all the fuss was, about "Hits Hard", Hits like a Beast, etc. According to reports, the newer clone have interchangeable parts with the originals. The clone works about the same as my Roller. Same battery, same topper, and same juice. If you want to see if the Mechs are worth it, buy a clone from Fasttech and give it a try.

Greg W.

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Personally I think it depends upon how handy you are and how much you like to tinker with things.

Myself, I prefer things that work right out of the box. I am not a willing tinkerer. (Is that even word?) :confused::laugh:

I've successfully used an couple of AGA-T2 RBAs. When they are working optimally, they've been the best vape I've experienced. However, they can be ornery, inconsistant, fussy, and unreliable. Mine seem to require constant tinkering. Did I say I don't like tinkering? :glare:

My two RBAs both need new coils, maybe new wicks, too. I haven't touched them for over a month because I'm lazy. Also because I know that I will have to devote half an hour to 45 minutes to do a total setup to complete both tanks to run optimally. In the meantime, my dependable and consistant cartotanks are keeping me more than happy.

So if you are like me, go with something less expensive initially and see how it works out. From what I understand, the better RBAs don't perform that much better than the less expensive ones do, it's more about the quality of the wick/coil which YOU make.

Ditto, same experience, whether it be my Igo-W, RSST, or Patriot. A good carto and tank are smooth sailing, and I don't have to carry around batteries and juice. Went to the county fair last month, the only thing I carried was my Provari with a XL Phinac tank with 4 ml of juice. Lasted all day.

Greg W.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
Whatever you try please get quality batteries. If you go the RBA/RDA route then get a multi meter too and learn all you can before trying.I use a Reo and RM2 and its the best vape I have ever had but prior to getting either I invested in the correct batts and knew the limits to what I should use with it :) Safety first and then great vape second .Good luck with what ever you try my friend !

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I got these for my birthday last Thursday:
EA clone by EHpro - Vape Toy
Complete Tanks
The 19mm and 22mm tanks, they weren't sure what size I would like, I like them both and it all works great.

Somebody must love you. If those are your Senior Parachute Jump Badge, Combat Infantry Badge, Air Assault Badge and Pathfinder Badge, thank you for serving.

Greg W.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just my .02 FWIW, I got into vaping last July and ended up with a mech and RBA in under two months. Nothing else comes close IMO. I'm on my third mech and second RBA now. I cannot conceive of why I would want to use a regulated mod at this point, or anything other than an RBA as an atty.

Just be real sure you can check the ohms on your build, preferably at each stage of your build, and that you are using the right batteries. The AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh red ones are what I use and they serve me very well. Just don't drain them down to nothing. You don't have to run an RBA/RDA on your mech, but if your experience turns out anything like mine that's where you will end up.

Nothing vapes like a well set up RBA, NOTHING!

BTW I started out with the AGA-T2, and then got an RSST. I was happy with the AGA until I got the RSST. I get better flavor with the RSST and it's much easier to set up. I had it wicked and coiled in about 5 min out of box, running at .8 ohm and it's just the better RBA. Wish I'd gotten the RSST first.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Checking the resistance can be done with a multimeter, one of those 510 meters from madvapes, or an APV that reads the resistance.

You do not have run an RBA on a mechanical to get a good vape. If you want to get into rebuilding, why not start on an APV, so it can tell you the resistance and protect you if your coil causes a short? Sub ohm builds are not the end all of RBAs. There is a simple fact that most APVs won't fire under 1.3 ohms and that is because of safety.

Regardless of whether you decide to build super low ohms or not, it definitely should not be until you have a solid grasp on RBAs and know the amp limit of your batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread