Mechanical Mod Problem,, HELP!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, my friend gave me an M16 Telescopic mod by grand vapor.. All brass..

I like the look and all, but the fire button is weird. I'm not sure if it's suppose to be like that or what ever. But it feels loose. I unlock it (by screwing up the outer part up) and it fires perfectly, but then if I flip it up side down, it continues to fire.. Any help?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Take the switch off and make sure everything is tight. Sounds like something is loose and when you turn it upside down the switch engages. There should be a spring inside the switch housing that disengages the firing pin. Not real familiar with the M16, but on my Nemi, the contact pin screws in, and if it's loose can back out. Don't want your mech to fire by its self, could be a bad thing.

Take the switch off and make sure everything is tight. Sounds like something is loose and when you turn it upside down the switch engages. There should be a spring inside the switch housing that disengages the firing pin. Not real familiar with the M16, but on my Nemi, the contact pin screws in, and if it's loose can back out. Don't want your mech to fire by its self, could be a bad thing.

I used a spring from my other mod(sentinel v2), and it works ok but I screw in the pin all the way and it doesn't let me fire the button.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Same as dice said. Here is a video on disassembly, your's is probably missing the fire button spring.

I don't know how much knowledge you have with mechanicals but be very careful with them, you can ruin a battery by using it below the minimum voltage or if you have a dead short you can cause the battery to vent.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
dice and richard pretty much explained it. when i first receieved my sentinel (clone, of course) haha. i loved it due to the automatic adjusting 510 pin and the compact size. but i noticed after a days use or so, when i would attempt to lock the device via locking ring, i could still fire it. and i couldnt for the life of me figure out why. so i put it aside for a few days. i wanted to use it again and picked it up and started twisting the fire button and figured out it was almost an "adjustable throw" if you will. since then i've had to tinker with it form time to time to make sure it locks without firing, and also make sure that the firing pin wasnt screwed too far in, in turn making a constant connection with the battery and closing the circuit.

basically what im trying to say is youre just going to have to pay attention to it if its your everyday device, especially if you turn the locking ring alot. (for some reason the button LOVES to turn when you lock it...atleast mine does.) OR if you want a more permanent fix, take some thread lock to it and adjust it for the throw you want and let it set for a bit. hopefully that works. but remember you wont be able to easily disassemble the bottom button.

Last edited:
dice and richard pretty much explained it. when i first receieved my sentinel (clone, of course) haha. i loved it due to the automatic adjusting 510 pin and the compact size. but i noticed after a days use or so, when i would attempt to lock the device via locking ring, i could still fire it. and i couldnt for the life of me figure out why. so i put it aside for a few days. i wanted to use it again and picked it up and started twisting the fire button and figured out it was almost an "adjustable throw" if you will. since then i've had to tinker with it form time to time to make sure it locks without firing, and also make sure that the firing pin wasnt screwed too far in, in turn making a constant connection with the battery and closing the circuit.

basically what im trying to say is youre just going to have to pay attention to it if its your everyday device, especially if you turn the locking ring alot. (for some reason the button LOVES to turn when you lock it...atleast mine does.) OR if you want a more permanent fix, take some thread lock to it and adjust it for the throw you want and let it set for a bit. hopefully that works. but remember you wont be able to easily disassemble the bottom button.

I screw in the pin all the way without the spring and it doesn't fire... But if I put the sporting and screw it on all the ways, it still doesn't fire...

I was thinking if the pin might be too short?

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
I screw in the pin all the way without the spring and it doesn't fire... But if I put the sporting and screw it on all the ways, it still doesn't fire...

I was thinking if the pin might be too short?

mmmm...havent heard of that issue before. its possible. but its fired before, right?

a couple questions...

what battery are you using?
-is it charged?

what atty are you using?
-is it making a connection with the top (510) pin when screwed in?
-do you have another device to test the atomizer on?

I got them from a buddy who purchased them on a group buy. I can find out, because he got them on the cheap and had 4 different sizes. I was able to switch out 6 mods, but the largest impact from an operable standpoint was the M16.

What do you mean by magnets ? Never seen it on mods.. Can you put a link ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread