Mechanical mods and battery sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromboneking

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
New Jersey USA
I only have one mech mod and that is the Panzer (albeit a clone) which is quickly becoming one of my favs, despite the total weight. I love the electronic MVP box mod that I have as it is a bit lighter but is more bulkier than the Panzer. I currently use an 18650 battery and I'm mixing between my RBA and a few tanks. I think the Panzer is a great mod but I've heard around the forums that the REO is a great one too, just not sure if i want to go to a box mod again.

My Panzer hits well and the battery lasts quite a long time. Using the Panzer and my Aerotank v2, I'm able to get a good part of the day just on that. Of course, as they say, mileage will vary depending on much you vape but for me, it's a really a nice mod combination.

tromboneking

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
New Jersey USA
I only have one mech mod and that is the Panzer (albeit a clone) which is quickly becoming one of my favs, despite the total weight. I love the electronic MVP box mod that I have as it is a bit lighter but is more bulkier than the Panzer. I currently use an 18650 battery and I'm mixing between my RBA and a few tanks. I think the Panzer is a great mod but I've heard around the forums that the REO is a great one too, just not sure if i want to go to a box mod again.

My Panzer hits well and the battery lasts quite a long time. Using the Panzer and my Aerotank v2, I'm able to get a good part of the day just on that. Of course, as they say, mileage will vary depending on much you vape but for me, it's a really a nice mod combination.

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am building , (Have built) several semi Mech MOds, using the Flat Pack LIpo batteries. They come in sizes from 65mah to 13,000mah. I am usingone now, that has a 7900 mah battery with C=100. Thats right, 100. And, It over ranged my Desktop fluke on the tesst bench trying to measure current total max. continuous. It went to 100 Amps with 10:1 clamp on pick up. It instantly went to greater than 100 amps and stayed there for the couple seconds I tested it. Things started melting fast. 510 connectors, I as WARNED to watch for solder going liquid, IT DID. BUT, all that, was due to the load on it. .025 ohms. I used a dummy RF load that I use when I am building amplifiers, it is good to 1000 watts, so no problem there, just getting the resistance low enough. BUT< with a .08 ohm atty., would have only gone to 50 amps. THAT is via the laws of PHYSICS, not the batteries fault. THOUGHl. I can get those flat packs in 4.2 volts, or 8.4 volts, same current. Only 20$ to 60$ for super max. battery. They have the same look as a deck of cards, but smaller. They are 93mm long, x 478mm side to side, x 18mm high. VERY usuable in most boxes. I"ve gotten it in some tight boxes. All; of the batts, no mater the mah rating or voltage, are almost exactly the same size. And, have a 4mm or 5mm bullet connector times two on one end facing up, they are how you attach your wires. They come with 90 deg. gold plated bullet connectors w/12 ga. wire, that is VERY flexible. But, it is routed, perfectly for our use. From back of pack, over top of battery, straight towards front of pack. They are about 15cm long, but, can be cut to choice. Just go to towerhobbies.com and search for Lipo 1S batteries, IF you want a 4.2 volt battery, they call them 3.7 volt, YOU know how that works, center of operating range and all. And, look for 2S batteries, if you want the 8.4 volt batteries.
Just passing on a VERY long lasting alternative to our round batts. Many even have GOOD warranties. Hard case, pretty pics. Whata more could you want?
BE CAREFUL, They need FUSED, as theye are capable of an atrociously large outrush of current. Put a couple in parallel, if you can't find one big enough, that's what I did.

Safe Vaping;

Yellow Hawk

LowLyfe

May 7, 2014
GA
I started out with a 26650 stainless hades clone and I loved it.... then I got a copper vanilla clone and it instantly became my EDV device. It hits so much harder than the stainless hades. That being said I love the size of the 18650 it fits perfect in hand and I use sony 50A 26650's and Sony VTC5's.... so I'm now looking at a BCV BMF since I have all the clones I want for now. I think you would be happy with a hades or panzer honestly. But you mention cloud chasing, I am running a 0.12 ohm dual 24g parallel coil build in my Zenith V2.5 and let me tell you I can blow huge crazy dense clouds with it and it heats up instant. But with that low of a build it's running like 30 amps which is the limit for my VTC5's so I have to use the hades which now comes in handy since I cloud chase. All that being said I would look into a copper 26650 if your intention is to cloud chase or not it is the way to go in my book. They make a copper hades clone if you want something cheap to try out or go all out and get a authentic copper 26650 mod (hades doesn't come in copper unless clone)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
I started out with a 26650 stainless hades clone and I loved it.... then I got a copper vanilla clone and it instantly became my EDV device. It hits so much harder than the stainless hades. That being said I love the size of the 18650 it fits perfect in hand and I use sony 50A 26650's and Sony VTC5's.... so I'm now looking at a BCV BMF since I have all the clones I want for now. I think you would be happy with a hades or panzer honestly. But you mention cloud chasing, I am running a 0.12 ohm dual 24g parallel coil build in my Zenith V2.5 and let me tell you I can blow huge crazy dense clouds with it and it heats up instant. But with that low of a build it's running like 30 amps which is the limit for my VTC5's so I have to use the hades which now comes in handy since I cloud chase. All that being said I would look into a copper 26650 if your intention is to cloud chase or not it is the way to go in my book. They make a copper hades clone if you want something cheap to try out or go all out and get a authentic copper 26650 mod (hades doesn't come in copper unless clone)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Dude, cloud chasing?
Correct batt
Proper build
Correct juice
The technique when suck on the atty
Airflow!!
Safety,safety, I can't emphasizes this no more...

LowLyfe

May 7, 2014
GA
I agree. He needs to research but the question was about two very different mech mods so I gave my input which was to buy a copper 26650 mech mod. I also told him what batterys I trust which are the sony 26650's..... but again like you said you cant be safe enough when going sub-ohm. Do your research and ask as many questions as you need too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread