The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mechlyfe Ratel XS vs Dotmod AIO

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Sptz, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sptz

Sptz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm looking into both of these for exclusively MTL vaping and both have RBA which is a must.

Has anyone tried any or both that could provide a comparison?

2. Daniel R Martin

Daniel R Martin Full Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Waiting for my ratel xs to land today but the fact that it has dual coil option makes it a win

3. Junny89

Junny89 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    i would be also interested in this please share comments etc.
    I am looking at both options, however for the Dotmod AIO it would be the SE version. However the Atizmoo fits this and i know its the same price as the mod, is it any better than the RBA Dotmod offer?

4. Daniel R Martin

Dec 11, 2019
    I dont know much about the dotmod but I just got any ratel xs yesterday and I love it.. looks awesome and feels so solid. Just feels quality.. build deck is awesome and a good size. Plus you can get a dual coil deck.. I love this more than I thought I would..

I dont really know what to say except that you will not be disappointed. I have the vinci and some other pods and this is not a pod. This is a mod a solid mod. Actually looks and feels like the vandy vape pulse. Go to the website. Way to similar.. also all the rba decks you can tell were an afterthought and small. Not so with this.. plenty of room for a good build and wicks so great..

I honestly was gonna buy a swag 2 this weekend for a good flavorful quality vape and just use ratel xs for work or running around but now....... I am not even buying g the swag. This vapes so good that it is now my go to good vaping device.. have not touched others since I opened this.

Just ordered the dual coil deck.. oh also battery life is awesome. I vape a lot and have to put vinci on charger like 2 times a day when I can. This 24 hrs about 800 puffs till low battery.

5. Junny89

Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    I thought the rbs decks both came with it?
    Sounds very interesting and a nice sum up and got me even more confused lol
    i guess the biggest thing for me is:
    Does it leak at all???

6. Daniel R Martin

Dec 11, 2019
    It only comes with single coil deck.. it does not leak a drop.. zero. It's honestly a very very nice device. I love it and will probably buy another one at some point lol. I got the brushed gunmetal and it looks sharp also..

7. Junny89

Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    ahh ok, atleast one comes with it thats all that matters.
    I am seriously looking in to this ratel xs. Its ticking all the boxes. Im just confused if to get this or the new Dotmod aio SE with the atizmoo. I appreciate its slightly more expensive but its function rather than price for me.
    Please do keep me updated regarding your experiance with the ratel xs and if you have encountered any issues

8. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I got the Mechlyfe Ratel XS and I am beyond frustrated with this thing. I have built 4 coils and have not been able to get any of them to work. I keep getting Atomizer Short errors. I'm not new to building on RTA's and I can see the space inside the well is small and I keep building each coil smaller than the one before and cannot get them to work.
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I would appreciate it if anyone who is successfully building on this deck, single coil, would post a pic of their build.
    Thanks.

9. Figs

Figs Super Member ECF Veteran

I don’t have one, but saw this video when I was interested in getting one. He does a build in the video.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Thanks. Yeah, I've watched a couple of different build videos and I can't see that I am doing anything differently. There's no reason I can find for getting these atomizer short errors.

11. Figs

I assume you are getting the error as you dry burn before you actually wick and juice it. Move it a little different ways to see if it makes a difference. Did you try the prebuilt coils that came with it?

it is also possible the board is defective, you may need to return it.

12. Figs

Also, did you try it on another mod? With the 510 it will go on any mod for building/testing.

13. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I did not. I'll do that.

14. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    So I tried the deck on another mod and got the same result. Voila! So I unscrewed the connector pin about a half turn and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion. And to think I spent so much time screwing around with the coils...

Anyway, now that I am using the Mechlyfe Ratel XS I can say that it rocks. I'm doing MTL and it is a nice smooth vape with great flavor.

15. Figs

Glad it worked out! The Ratel XS sounds like a great device, hope it keeps working out for you!

16. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    So I have to update my experience with the Ratel XS 80W unit. This thing leaks constantly. I cannot figure it out. It appears to be leaking at the point the base fits into the bottom of the tank. I'm bummed about this. I love how this thing vapes. It's a wonderful vape but I can't deal with the leaking. I'm probably going to try to send it back. If I do I'll get the Dotmod.

17. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Anyone have the door magnet fall out on the Ratel XS yet ? I am waiting on one to arrive and saw a few posts on the FT thread that said the magnet came out within first three days of use. That's a deal breaker for me and thinking about swapping out for a different mod before this goes to package and ship.

18. Tom Monnick

Tom Monnick New Member

Mar 1, 2020
    I've had mine for about 2 months now and the only time it leaks is when I fill it up but that's due to the pressure after screwing the nut thing in. Try with a empty tank and just screw that top metal part in with your pinky and then after that's in tight press in the deck with chimney. See if that'll stop the leaking. I'm having a hard time getting flavor outa any build that's put into it. I've had 5 different builds already and have been getting practically no flavor at all! Tried 10 different juices and only 1 gives the almost right flavor.

19. Tom Monnick

Tom Monnick New Member

Mar 1, 2020
    Not at all. Had it for 2 months now and I'm constantly taking the door off and the magnets still in it. Now the one that's inside the mod itself is crazy strong though. Whenever I go to put a battery in it gets pulled by it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I pulled the trigger and have one coming(sometime FT) . It has TC I the only reason it caught my attention,and the single coil RBA head it comes with. I should have mine in a couple months, I hope fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.