Medium Priced PV's: Which one is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Medium Priced PV's:
Which one is the best?

Ego-T
GoGo
Echo
Variations, types, or clones of the above.
None of the above.

Isn't a lot of this a matter of personal preference - just like your favorite juice? You can certainly spend much more money than any of the above cost, but does that make them better? I don't think so. The above are medium priced PV's, and they are all still trying to improve their models. Too many things are subjective to say that one is better than the other one (i.e. draw, throat hit, vapor, flavor, size, style issues, proprietary parts, longevity issues, cost issues of supplies and replacements for parts that are going to wear out, and on and on.). On top of everything else, new models come out and/or new technology is developed. Along the way, most of the manufacturers are going to have some bad batches or quality control issues from time to time. Realistically, all of the above PV's are great unless you are unlucky and got part of a bad batch, but it's only great if you like it and it delivers what you want. Disclaimer: I'm not recommending clones, even though many of the clones are excellent.

If you want to spend a lot of money, just keep buying what is touted as the latest and greatest. Stick with one you like if you want to keep your expenses reasonable. If you want to keep your expenses at a minimum, wear out what you buy before buying anything else. Finding something that you really like seems to be the big trick, so most folks probably have 3 or more different PV's laying around that all work correctly. It's easy for someone to have more than one favorite because of all the variables involved. I've got several of the above, and I can tell you that I regularly use more than one PV.

My current favorites are the GoGo and the Ego-T Type B Large tank. I haven't tried the Echo yet and probably won't until I wear some equipment out. By the way, I prefer the genuine Joye on the Ego-T, and that includes all of the replacement parts I need. Generally, I don't buy clones, but that's just my personal preference.

So, what do you do before buying? Do your homework, read reviews, watch demos, read about customer experiences - good and bad. Make an informed choice and buy only 1 kit to start with. I hope this helped you some, especially for some of the new folks just starting out.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
One thing that is great about having ECF is that there are no shortages of opinions or reviews. As you say, much of ones preferences are based on subjective reasons. I too prefer my GO-GO and when I ordered my first mod, it was based on tons of reading reviews and... Making sure that I could (with adapter) use my GO-GO cartos on it! :laugh:

Even in harsh financial times such as exist now, there are always folks that are secure enough financially to buy, try and review most of the new stuff as it comes out. That means for folks like me, I can get a good feel for whether a product fits not only my needs but my preferences as well.

The Echo is a perfect example for me. I love the reviews and the standard threading of the batteries and cartos. The only reason I don't own one yet is I prefer a manual battery. Yes the Echo-E uses an Ego 510 connection but then the carto for the E version holds .5ml less than my GO-GO's do. Over all then, I would safely say that in my case and personal preferences, reading and researching saved me money.

Again, that is not a negative statement as to the quality and usability of it but only how at this moment, a different model serves my personal needs better. :)

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Hello Major S.,

I also appreciate all of the information and reviews on ECF. I just wish that I had come here sooner. I could have saved some money when I first started out. I'm a pensioner, so I don't have the money to make many mistakes. Learning about maintenance procedures has also helped me out. As of now, I can honestly say that I'm spending less each month than I used to for cigarettes. In fact, I'm trying to budget just half of what I used to spend for cigarettes for vaping. I've managed to get that done and still have spares in case something wears out. Learning how to make my own juice helped a lot in getting down to that 50% savings.

Happy Vaping!

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
From one pensioner to another, I hear you loud and clear! It seems like every time I set my required budget for the month, something new and exciting comes along and I have spent my alotted money. :laugh:

Sometimes that is not a bad thing though! There are products that get rave initial reviews (mostly in the mod world I think) and if I had the money, I would have bought based on initial reviews. Being on a fixed income though means I usually have to wait anywhere from 2-3 weeks longer to purchase said new item.

The reviews after the initial honeymoon though have saved me from myself on one or two notable instances. Not always though. I found this forum section when I had literally just ordered an Ego-T set and accessories. Now the Ego is a great product but before the night was over, I had found the threads about that GO-GO thing.

I was lucky and managed to reclaim a good portion of the Ego-T money though and got in the GO-GO world. That is one purchase I have never regretted (says the old dude hitting his GO-GO as he types! :vapor:)!

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Ego T with the B type atty is what works for me, not all, but I like them alot more than any carto I have ever tried

The Ego-T Type B large tank is also one of my favorite PVs. I have 5 of them, including a USB pass-through. I like the GoGo about equally well and have 4 of them. I thought about trying the Echo, but I concluded that 9 working PVs that I like is more than enough. I decided to wait until 5 of them die before buying anything else, so I might have a while to wait.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Since February I've tried the Go-go, Echo (and Echo-e), and the Leo with the 4ml carto. The Go-go wins in the top 3 categories of Flavor, TH, and vapor. And as a bonus the Go-carts for the Go-go can be refilled over and over, cleaned, and refilled over and over for freakin' ever. The Leo is very very close but the longevity of the cartos remains to be seen. The novelty of the Echo is that it's a very good auto batt but just isn't close to the Go-go in the flavor dept. The Echo-e punches out more flavor than the Echo but still can't compete with the Go-go.

If the Leo's cartos last as long as the Go-go's Go-carts ... then what we've got here are the best e-cigs I've ever used.

Disclaimer: I use 100% PG liquid and I'm all tobacco all the time.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
The KGo kit (2 1100mah batts) is a very good value at $44.99 + $4.75 shipping from hoosierecigsupply.com

The Riva Lite bundle (2 750 batts) is an excellent value at $30 + $2.99 shipping at E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings

As most know, I am a dedicated gogo fan but I must admit that I really like a system I cobbled together. It's a KGO 1100 from Hoosiercig, with an echo-e. What makes it work well is the true 3.7v of the KGO under load and the 801 aluminum whistle drip tips from Ikenvapes. The tips open up the tight draw on the echo-e and makes it just about perfect and the true 3.7v of the kgo brings you a nice warm, flavorful vape. This combination is a winner for me. Especially if the echo-e carto lasts as long as some are claiming.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
We all have our favorites and opinions. I have all of the PV's mentioned plus a few and I too have been a member of the Go-Go Nation for several months and I respect but differ with my friend Bob in that I prefer the Echo over the Go-Go mostly because I love the 1300 automatic battery and the looks. The Chrome Echo is mighty nice lookin. I can't tell any difference in flavor or amount of vapor between the two. They are both very good in that department. The only difference is the Go-carto has been proven to last a long time and the Echo carto is new. There have been issues with the Go-Go as far as the floating posts on batteries and cartos are concerned and the Echo connector is different in that respect. It does take longer to charge the Echo but that is the only issue reported with the batteries so far. For me the Echo is more enjoyable to vape more like, I hate to say it, smoking a cigarette, well a big cigarette.lol The battery responds to the smallest drag and there isn't a need for a primer puff, just more relaxing.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Tex,

I should rephrase my observation about the Echo. It kinda looked like I was damning the Echo with faint praise there. I think I wrote somewhere that if I could only have two PV's I’d ask for a Go-go and a 650mAh auto Echo (Chrome). There is a wide variety of "eGo type" e-cig models out there that use the new improved horizontal coil cartomizers. They all take you to 95% of where anyone would want to be with a PV. The last 5% is taken up with personal preferences and taste. It's in that 5% where opinions come into play. Ever notice there is more than one brand of cigarettes?

I sometimes forget that ... and proclaim instead of suggest.

Last edited:

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I started out with high-priced junk that was definitely disposable - quickly disposable. I won't mention the brands, but I suspect that many people start out the hard way. What I see now is a number of very reliable and medium-priced PVs to choose from and not get taken advantage of. This assortment is NOT junk, and the various manufacturers are fighting pretty hard to be worthy of taking their part of the market. It's fine when the argument boils down to personal preference because that means that most are relatively happy and haven't been ripped off. This is great because we don't want people to go back to cigarettes. Overall, the quality appears to be getting better, and the competition among various vendors keeps the prices reasonable. Vaping is here to stay if we can keep the governments out of our business.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... Vaping is here to stay if we can keep the governments out of our business.

Don't forget the big pharmaceutical companies who want all wannabe ex-smokers to only get there using the gum, the patch, inhalers, lozenges, nasal sprays, and the creepy drugs. They're the money behind the lobbyists who bribe the government to regulate our PV's out of existence. Whoa ... we started out talking about the merits of the various medium priced PV's and all of a sudden I brought my soapbox to the discussion. And I didn't mean to say "bribe." That's a little harsh. What I meant to say was lobbyists give money to our elected representatives in order to persuade them to look at different approaches to legislation that just happen to be in the best interests of the corporation that hired the lobbyist. That's not bribery. That's lobbying. See? The words are spelled differently and everything.

To get the thread back on track ... The Leo with the 4ml Gigantic Cartomizer is really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread