Menthol crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Thanks Boo..
That's a simple recipe. Gonna make up a batch this evening and compare it to the premade drops I got.
I actually have a 10ml volumetric cylinder for mixing so it should be a piece of cake..

Yea I love this recipe...it makes the best menthol. I use about 2 drops per ML of juice....

katsumotology

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Idaho
I am in search of zero nicotine jucie with throat hit and I am thiking about adding menthol.

This may sound a stupid question, but if I add a menthol for throat hit, would the vapor taste like menthol? or can you make a tasteless (no menthol taste) but only throat hit?

I am really new to this, so any input is appreciated!

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Sometime this week we will have liquid menthol which will end the guesswork for "mentholating" e-liquid. It's quite a bit easier to accurately deal with drops rather than random sized crystals.

Jaaxx, interested in that menthol liquid so i don't have to wrastle with the crystals, but don't know offhand which supplier you are. Where is this fabulous menthol juice? Thanks!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I tried this recipe with no luck. Now I had use a 90 proof vodka being that is all I had and followed it to the letter. After a couple of hours I see the crushed crystals reforming at the top of the liquid. Did I do something wrong?

I just ordered a bottle of Organic Menthol Moon Drops from Virgin Vapor. All organic everythings, and the crystals reform in the bottle. She says just run bottle under warm water. That's what I've been doing, and its perfect! Just give warm water a whirl.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I am in search of zero nicotine jucie with throat hit and I am thiking about adding menthol.

This may sound a stupid question, but if I add a menthol for throat hit, would the vapor taste like menthol? or can you make a tasteless (no menthol taste) but only throat hit?

I am really new to this, so any input is appreciated!

I think any menthol you add would give you the taste of menthol, not just the throat hit. As for throat hit, I'm new to DIY so I haven't tried this yet, but I just came across VaporRenu which is a DIY online place. They have VG and PG eliquid with the nic and everything already added (or you can get 0 nic)...super cheap. A pint (16 oz) is like $75, and seems like it would last just about forever. But the cool thing about this product is you can specify the degree or severity of throat hit that you want. I think the website is www.vaporrenew.com

But that leads me to believe that the throat hit aspect of ejuice is caused by some other component that they add. Someone round here should be able to tell you what that is. But if you add menthol, trust me... it'll taste menthol-y. Good luck!

razenex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
where?
I ordered 2 bottles of menthol drops from you guys like 2 months ago and it never came. I've written several emails to you all, of which only 1 was answered after a month, and all it said that some orders were going missing and it will be reshipped. No apologies, nothing. I've waited and waited, i've wrote another email to you guys asking when I can expect it, and still no reply. I think you guys have the crappiest customer service ever.

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
Thank you. Mr. Jaaxx looked up the order, and now I see what's going on. I didn't realize when reading your post here that you are in Singapore. We have had absolutely terrible luck shipping there. We almost always have to ship at least twice-- only once has a package actually been returned to us by the postal service. They just disappear. One gentleman received his order 52 days after we shipped it! 52 days! We have refunded your full amount. It may take 24 hours to post. Unfortunately, it looks as if we are going to have to stop shipping there. Our customers in Singapore have been a pleasure, and we truly appreciate you, but customs (I can only assume it is customs, as we don't have this trouble shipping to other countries) is making it almost impossible to do business efficiently. It isn't fair to our customers or to us. I'm sorry, and I wish you the very best.

razenex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
where?
Yes Singapore customs has a ban on ecigs and eliquids, however when they do confiscate items, they would inform the respective recipient of the confiscated goods within a few days. In this case where the order is merely menthol drops, there would have been absolutely no issue with customs. It is highly unlikely that the real issue is with Singapore's customs. Anyway since you have chosen to refund me my purchase, I'll just look elsewhere.

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
I've had nothing but kind and pleasant customers from Singapore. Sincerely no offense was intended. I'd love to keep doing business there, but, for whatever reason, packages mailed there--non-nicotine-- are consistently not arriving. :(

An option we have discussed is using a shipping option with tracking, and we haven't thrown out the idea. It would cost a little more, but it would be helpful to have some record of the package once it is mailed. Then if it is stuck at customs, the tracking should reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread