Menthol e-liquid fail! 4 times! Grrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I really need some help on getting the best mint flavour e-liquid. I bought 4 different types of menthol juice and it tasted gross all the time. I just cant seem to get it right :(. I used to be an menthol analog smoker and I tried menthol tabbaco liquid but it had this horrible cough sirup/liquorice taste. The other two bottles I tried were also the same, gross! And the fourth one tastes extacly like my toothpaste, which wasnt so bad. I dont know, maybe Im weird, but I just want a normal, clean, fresh and minty flavour. Im looking at one of the websites I order stuff from regularly and they have: Pepermint, Spearmint and Menthol flavours. Can anyone talk me through the difference in taste and which flavour would be the closest to what I want? Ill be ordering some more stuff soon, so I thought Id try another one of their menthols, as the tabacco one was a complete fail too. Im not giving up though. If anyone could help me it would be VERY much appreciated.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
You need to go with a minty juice. I was a menthol smoker also for the past 15 years but smoked for a total of 28 years. I've tried all types of menthols from different vendors and nothing even comes close. I found virginvapor's minty to come the closest without it tasting like sucking on Hall's. You might give it a try. Just a thought....

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I would buy some unflavored nicotine and some mint flavorings and a few 5 ml bottles and create your own drop by drop until its exactly what you like, then you could also adjust it according to the type of equipment you are using later on.

A tiny amount of mint or menthol goes a very long way, and less is more. I don't know if you can receive orders from Capella, but their flavors are really outstanding.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I had the exact same problem. I finally found one I likes. I got some Pure Cig from Freedomsmoke usa and added a couple of small menthol crystals and it taste just like the menthol cigs I use to smoke. I quit analogs that day. They make a menthol version of it but to me it's too much menthol. With adding the menthol crystals I add myself one small one at a time till it's perfect. I'm not sure if they ship to the UK. I hope it helps :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Buy some menthol drops from Avejuice dot com and make your juice to your liking, these Menthol drops are like a very little goes a long way, then get some different peppermint , spearmint flavorings from PA= ( The Perfumers Apprentice ), and create your own juice to your own taste buds likings, this is a very simple DIY to experiment with until you get it just where you want it and probably the best way to get exactly what your taste buds are screaming for. Keep very good notes on what you add to what and it will happen !

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Unfaithful (Ms. or sir? guessing Ms.) Nuport wow from V4l is the best tabacco menthol I've tried so far, actually is a lot like the analog (taste is subjective though). Believe they are having a sale with free shipping as we speak, even international orders, only catch is you have to spend over $120 to use it....

Very very tempting. I should go on a shopping spree since I broke even today, shouldn't I? lol And its gonna be a month since I quit smoking in a few days, so it will be like a reward haha. Ill go check it out now. Ok, so I need to spend at least 140$ to get free shipping? But 30ml juice is only 13$, how many will I need to get to make 140 haha

Last edited:
I have had the same issue, when I was an analog smoker I smoked exclusively marlboro menthol lights, kools, and camel crush. When I first got into vaping, I almost gave up because I could not find a menthol flavor that satisfied me. I tried alot of menthols... I finally found one that I liked and have been vaping it for about 3 months now and that is the menthol burst from volcano. I know, I know they are pricey.... 12.99 for a 15ml, but its ok I reckon rather than ordering several from site after site and not being happy. I urge you to try them out, if it's what you were looking for great, if not then sorry :(. Its a very minty menthol, very good TH and decent smoke... if you end up liking their liquid, I also recommend their vanilla, goes great with the menthol burst. I drip and it works for me. let me know if you try them out. good luck

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
I never smoked menthols..

Wanting to experiment, I picked up a 50ml bottle of DK-TAB and a 10ml bottle of 'menthol extract' (Not sure exactly what this is.. menthol in PG/VG or mint... no idea) and have been mixing it up

It's nice! 3-6 drops in a 3ml bottle with mostly DK-TAB, a couple drips of 555 and 5-8 drops of Cignot's VG Tobacco #2

Real nice cool smoke, with a slightly nutty tobacco-esque flavor, with a slight coolness

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Wow, thanks a lot for all of your replies! Its a shame I dont live in the states :( lol! At the end, I emailed my regular supplier, told him about my problem and he said I should try spearmint or buy menthol crystals. I sent the email at 1am and he replied, omg I felt so bad lol! So I ordered that for now. Will see how it tastes, if not I'll try menthol crystals and if that doesnt work I will raid all of the USA suppliers haha!

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I, too, was a menthol smoker and was looking for the 'perfect' menthol - perfect being what tasted exactly like my menthol analog. I have tried many menthols and I'm not sure there is that perfect menthol out there - at least for me. I have, however, found menthol flavors that are VERY satisfying to me and which I vape all day. My favorites are BWB Menthol Strong and BWB Menthol Medium. I vape both depending on my menthol mood and also have both 18mg and 12mg nicotine. I like it because it also has a tobacco flavor and not just a menthol flavoring. They have an excellent TH and produce plenty of vapor. The Halo menthols are also pretty good and for a change of pace, I vape Halo CoolMist and Halo Menthol Ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread